The amazing things you'll find on ebay.

Lucky #7

Black PRS Tremonti Model (solid black mind you) that seller had down as a Quilt Maple 10 Top.  Asked him how that was possible and magically the ad changes.  Do people fall for that?

Its like a local music store here that still tries to get list price for everything they sell.  Like anyone is going to pay $1200 for an ibanez s470.  theyre keeping in buisness though..

Yeah, he also had said USED Tremonti model (the older style, not the new trem version) listed about $700 over what you would pay new.

Lucky #7 said:
Black PRS Tremonti Model (solid black mind you) that seller had down as a Quilt Maple 10 Top.  Asked him how that was possible and magically the ad changes.  Do people fall for that?

That's pretty strange.  It sounds like it may have been an accident, being as no one is going to be fooled.

I had listed a bunch of collectables for my wife a while back-- little mini-quilts made of ceramic.  During the listing process I accidentally added the wrong picture to one of the listings.  It was an honest mistake and an observant bidder pointed it out right away.  I'm not into quilts, so I didn't know.  So I can imagine someone adding a lot of guitars getting discombobulated, especially if they use the "list similar item" feature.  Maybe they had listed a Quilted top PRS just before the one you mentioned and forgot to update the description.

I guess they could have thanked you for pointing it out, though.  At least that would make it seem a little more like an honest mistake.

JBD

Lucky #7 said:
Yeah, he also had said USED Tremonti model (the older style, not the new trem version) listed about $700 over what you would pay new.

Geeze-- that's nuts.  Hoping for that sucker to come along and bid on it.  Sorta makes it harder to excuse the quilt maple thing, huh?

JBD

ognolman said:
Lucky #7 said:

Geeze-- that's nuts.  Hoping for that sucker to come along and bid on it.  Sorta makes it harder to excuse the quilt maple thing, huh?

JBD
Whoops. :doh:

Ever since Business Week and the Wall Street Journal pimped guitars as being better investments than stocks, there's been some mighty strange things happen to old Gibsons, Fenders and Paul Reed Smiths. Like, $4000 for late 70's Strats, $1200 Musicmasters etc.

I noticed that 70s strat prices have rocketed over the last year.

stubhead said:
Ever since Business Week and the Wall Street Journal pimped guitars as being better investments than stocks, there's been some mighty strange things happen to old Gibsons, Fenders and Paul Reed Smiths. Like, $4000 for late 70's Strats, $1200 Musicmasters etc.

Funny, I heard that on the radio and thought I could use it to convince my wife about the investment opportunities, but it didn't work.  After seeing the value of my stocks dropping daily now I am seriously reconsidering the wisdom of guitar investments...

JBD

stubhead said:

how about the early 80s!
Try to find a Dan Smith Vintage RI for less than $3500
Actually, the Standard Dan Smiths have gone up a lot as well, and you can't even get a crappy version 2 (the flimsy ones with the jack plug on the PG) for less than 1200!

I've been waiting since '83 for this to be worth something :icon_scratch:
2215356669_f8a787699b.jpg

If I remember rightly, willyk has another guitar (or two?) to console himself with.... :laughing8:

Marko said:
oops, didn't mean to insult your strat :)
stubhead said:
If I remember rightly, willyk has another guitar (or two?) to console himself with.... :laughing8:

No offence taken Marko  :icon_thumright:
That particular 2 knob strat model was bagged mercilessly by the industry and was pulled after only a year in production. I wouldn't be surprised if one day somebody puts one on fleabay saying:- "super rare"  "limited edition"  "hard to find" blah blah.... :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

There's a guy on Ebay selling $2.00 Warmoth neck plate pads for $3.95.

Such a deal, I could kvetch!

RLW said:
There's a guy on Ebay selling $2.00 Warmoth neck plate pads for $3.95.

Such a deal, I could kvetch!

Does that include the $12.00 shipping and handling?  Insurance is extra, of course.  :icon_scratch:

Back