Tele with an Identity Crisis - Finished!

Dude that is freaking epic!! I bet it plays fantastic. How does that bridge pickup sound?

The compound radius neck is the best feature IMO.  That was the biggest surprise.  I expected it to be nice, but whoa!  The 6130 frets are a nice compliment to it, the action is ridiculously low.  I wired it and intonated it myself, but ultimately took it in for a nut filing and fret polishing (the maple necks have the finish applied to the frets).  I asked him if it needed a fret level.  Guess what?  No it didn't.  But to the bridge pickup sound due to the reverse orientation, I'm sure it sounds different but it's still twangy.

So, that Tele's about 10 fricking shades of awesome. Well done, sir. :hello2: And EMG's, to boot! :party07:

Nice mix of modern and classic :eek:

Not sure about the EMG's (looks wise) but I know people who use them and are more than happy.

Great build.

chrisg said:
Nice mix of modern and classic :eek:

Not sure about the EMG's (looks wise) but I know people who use them and are more than happy.

Great build.

The matte black pickguard was the best way to hide them in plain sight.  But...what's there to hide?  I was going for the "black-caster" look, but this baby is all modern.

WarmothTele101.jpg

Very cool guitar! Nice to see "something different". Sounds as if you're really happy w/the performance as well as the looks. Nice job!

I got a new neck for this.  The original one has some finish issues, and I was able to return it under their warranty.  The new one is also 3A Birdseye, compound radius, 1 11/16 nut width, but I got this one with the '59 Roundback contour, no facedots, and a Graph Tech TUSQ nut.  My thanks to Rob and Gregg as well as Warmoth.

WarmothTele106.jpg

Cool! How are you likeing the neck back? the one you had before was which countour?

I preffer it much better on normal orientation headstock

NonsenseTele said:
Cool! How are you likeing the neck back? the one you had before was which countour?

I preffer it much better on normal orientation headstock

The original was a Standard Thin.  The '59 is still fairly thin, but other than the assymetrical Wolfgang, this was the neck size up.  I love this neck profile.  I've played on a Boatneck and a Fatback, those are gi-normus.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The original was a Standard Thin.  The '59 is still fairly thin, but other than the assymetrical Wolfgang, this was the neck size up.  I love this neck profile.  I've played on a Boatneck and a Fatback, those are gi-normus.

True! If they had a back countour that was the same thickness of on the 12th fret on the '59 would be THE thing!

Back