Tele Spalted Maple Top

NonsenseTele

Epic Member
I don't made the neck yet, but i'm showing the pics of the body: it's really really incredible beauty! :laughing7:
I DREAMED with a spalted maple topped guitar for a few years, now I got one!! Thank you so Warmoth! I bought it from Showcase Superstore, and even with the 98% tax I pay to my country, it worthwhile every buck!

Attachments

• Telecaster Spalted Maple I.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 603
NonsenseTele said:
I don't made the neck yet, but i'm showing the pics of the body: it's really really incredible beauty! :laughing7:
I DREAMED with a spalted maple topped guitar for a few years, now I got one!! Thank you so Warmoth! I bought it from Showcase Superstore, and even with the 98% tax I pay to my country, it worthwhile every buck!
98% tax?????  Are you kidding????  :eek:  You are right though, that is a very nice body!  :icon_thumright:

I also want to be a kidding... it's 60% direct "importation tax", after that, they made something strange, economists kind of thing, and another tax, for industry made products, it "was" to be 18%, but when they put plus the first, it goes to this beautifull baby:  ±98%...

Anyway, when it came home, I looked like a 6yo kid in Christmas  :)

They sure don't want you to buy from outside the country do they. You got the body you wanted anyhow! Congradulations!

I heard Aerosmith was touring through Brazil. Did you go and see them?

I have a strat body with a spalted maple top and waiting for my rosewood neck. Tha grains on spalted maple are so different from one piece to another that every top is unique.

Good luck with your project.

I went to Aerosmith concert! They play sooooo good! You know, have some 'girls ballads' but they know how to make a great show and play very very well! I was surprised with Steven Tyler, I think he sings better now than the firsts CD's, and he has now near 60 yo...

About my country: USA and Brazil are two example of "How to do" can *fudge* everything, we was "discovered" to be a money machine to Portugal, you was "discovered" and the people who travelet to USA, was "out of the society", to say... So since the beginning you fought to make a better country, we fought to "get away" from the problems of "our King"... So, where I want come: Politicians stole public money in every country for the every single time of the history of the world... But, in some places, they try to make a better country, and others, they try to get rich and don't care nothing about people and country... We have this abusive tax, but we don't have any help to little industries, etc.
Luthieria (I don't know how it is in english: the art of building instruments) is totally amateur here, like music and almoust every kind of art (and other things to). So we don't have nice places to buy wood, tools are almoust everything improvised, we don't have good builders of guitar and guitar parts (pick up, bridge, turners, etc)... So, to make people pay a giant tax like that, you have to help the national industry, but it don't heappen here... it's sad but true, like sang Metallica... perhaps, if they get this tax small, they can make the national industry run to make better instruments, it heappens when, in 1980 and something, they legalized to enter imported cars in Brazil...
(But don't go much over-prided to your country, your gov't are made some mistakes made before by Greeks, Romans, Portugal, England... It's the problem with human: when we go to the top, we lost our mind)

Let's stop talk about this sad thing and go to beautifull woods and guitars! It's really the "hot" thing! :icon_biggrin:

I went to Aerosmith concert! They play sooooo good! You know, have some 'girls ballads' but they know how to make a great show and play very very well! I was surprised with Steven Tyler, I think he sings better now than the firsts CD's, and he has now near 60 yo...

You probably do not remember, but did you see Joe Perry play a guitar that looked like a Gibson double cutaway? It would have been dark brown wood grain oil finish with gold hardware. It may have had steel fence wire wrapped around it and feathers hanging off of it. Do you remember seeing him play this guitar at all?

Gregg Stewart said:
You probably do not remember, but did you see Joe Perry play a guitar that looked like a Gibson double cutaway? It would have been dark brown wood grain oil finish with gold hardware. It may have had steel fence wire wrapped around it and feathers hanging off of it. Do you remember seeing him play this guitar at all?

Man! I don't remember this one! I remember:
*Boneyard LP
*Tele
*white Lucille w/ the face of his wife
*Something like a left hand Strat to play Walk This Way (if i'm not wrong)
*Acoustic guitars

Have you some pic of that guitar? Was made by Warmoth?

:hello2:  :toothy12:

If you got a pic of this guitar, send to my e-mail, please:
nandoesteves@hotmail.com
fernandosemnocao@yahoo.com.br

Gregg, around the same time you made some mysterious comments about a new Warmoth customer, I saw this picture of Joe Perry with this:

could it be a warmoth hybrid? since there is no decal on the headstock...
or is there a Warmoth LPS Type that he may be playing? :)
95bb_1_b.JPG

Hey M4rk0:
This is the reverse strat I told! ( I think  :icon_biggrin:)
I was near the stage, but not as near to see the details of the guitar....

m4rk0 said:
Gregg, around the same time you made some mysterious comments about a new Warmoth customer, I saw this picture of Joe Perry with this:

could it be a warmoth hybrid? since there is no decal on the headstock...
or is there a Warmoth LPS Type that he may be playing? :)
95bb_1_b.JPG

I don't know if that is a Warmoth or not, but I wondered the same thing when I saw them, and that guitar in concert a year ago.

NonsenseTele, how's the Tele Spalted Maple Top project coming along?

(or did I miss something?)

Back