Tele routing....

turbostrat9

Is it true that you can't get anything but telecasters routed like a tele? I REALLY want a strat body routed like a tele with a humbucker and vintage bridge. If it turns out that I can get one, about how much would I have to pay?

When you say Strat body with tele route, but with humbuckers....and vintage bridge.....  you mean Strat vintage bridge?  If so, how is that different from a HH Strat?  You gotta be more specific, but chances are it can be done, and at no extra cost (or maybe just a little)

turbostrat9 said:
Is it true that you can't get anything but telecasters routed like a tele? I REALLY want a strat body routed like a tele with a humbucker and vintage bridge. If it turns out that I can get one, about how much would I have to pay?

I'm thinking Warmoth may have done something like that before.  Price depends on wood selections, etc.....  Go ahead and shoot an email in to sales@warmoth.com with specifics.

-Eric.

I wasn't really talking about a vintage strat bridge, I was talking more about a six saddle tele bridge cut for a humbucker, like the gotoh on the website. Also, I want it set up with a single coil rout in the front, not another humbucker, and I want tele style control routing. Basically I just want the outline and body contours of a strat, everything else is a fat-tele.

Ok then, what do you plan on for a pickguard?  I say that because a tele pickguard wont fit a Strat body.

No pickguard?  Maybe go rear routed?  You can get decorative surrounds for the tele neck pickup in chrome, gold or black.  Dunno if Warmoth has em but they're out there

Or... do it the really radical -CB- way, and get a Strat pickguard cut for the neck pickup opening only.  Then "fit" the bridge (and its HB pickup) and the "hot dog" control plate into the uncut pickguard... very radical... very unique.  Takes a little doing... but with a dremel to do the hogging out of material, and a careful hand on a file for the straight sides... the results can be "near to perfection".

strat.jpg

Back