tele question

sundin4prez

if i was to order a tele body in the showcase with the regular tele bridge route and then i get warmoth to route the bridge pickup position for a humbucker can i use a hardtail bridge??? the reason i ask this is because i hate the look of the tele bridge holding the humbucker ................thanks...

Sure, you'll need to use the Gotoh Tele Humbucker bridge. I don't think they have another option unless you custom order the Tele body

You could probably butcher up a tele bridge, and cut the pickup mount off.
Then get a pickup ring or mount the HB straight to the wood.

yes,you can order a tele humbucker bridge, even use a hard tail strat bridge, even a T.O.M. just so you know. even a floyd rose with a fixed gadget to make it act like a hard-tail. :party07:

kreig said:
yes,you can order a tele humbucker bridge, even use a hard tail strat bridge, even a T.O.M. just so you know. even a floyd rose with a fixed gadget to make it act like a hard-tail. :party07:

??? If you have an original std. Tele route, the only HB bridge  that will line up right with routing is Gotoh Tele HB bridge; the bridges you mention will not install properly unless you jack up the existing route.

Might I suggest this bridge?

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4396.0

Warmoth doesn't carry it yet (don't know if they plan to), but you can get it through allparts or stewmac.  Also, Warmoth won't route for it unless they have it on hand.  I ended up ordering my tele body with no bridge route and had my local luthier do it up.

Back