Tele bass neck, ebony on wenge - korina P body

elstoof

Bass neck just arrived, it’s body should be with me tomorrow. Sent in a seperate package, I guess they can’t fit this length neck in a box for bodies. Dropped the tuners in anticipation, wenge smells delicious when it’s drilled

A8522904-F6-A0-4-CE0-A1-C0-44449-E3-EF2-A8.jpg

55-FCD3-D5-CF75-4312-B63-D-BB8-C1-CD5-BB53.jpg

Very nice!

Had no idea you were building a bass. Now you're giving me neck envy. I almost ordered a Bubinga neck, almost ordered a Wenge neck... almost chose Tele shape.... so I'll be watching this build with a keen eye.

BTW what body shape and style are you going for? Are we going to have to wait and see?

Thanks guys, it’s a typically great piece of Warmoth hardware.

I’m not really a bass player but my 8 year old daughter asked for a bass after watching some kids show, so I got her a Squier Mini P and obviously ended up playing the arse off it myself. I’ve got a korina P body coming tomorrow to go with this, rear routed, all the hardware ready to get thrown on once I’ve finished the body. Nothing too wild, Aguilar pickups, some ebony knobs off StewMac. Should be just a nice playing thing for me to embarrass myself on. Main thing I’m looking forward to is having a bit of a jam with my daughter, my eldest is a real daddy’s girl and into whatever I’m into. She’ll only want to play what I show her so it’s a good incentive for me to learn too

Those are all of the best reasons. Can't wait to see the body and all the other features. My project is also rear routed and natural and it's going to be neat to compare.

This is ridonk

09765-D59-3-DE1-4-CF7-A219-A57-E5-C3850-B9.jpg

7-F8-D34-CB-8495-48-A4-9-F54-86286-D0-E3-C1-F.jpg

Warmoth picked a sweet piece of wood for me, once it’s sanded oiled it should be exactly what I was hoping for

Oh, man. That’s gonna be amazing. Oiled will look great, but i can’t help but think a black to clear burst would look unreal with that neck. That body wood is about as good as it gets though. And the neck, *chef’s kiss*

Started putting the bits and pieces on last night funnily enough. Just need to wire it up and wait for the pickup screws which I forgot to order. I absolutely love how the body wood will sort of frame the strings, the black lines come so perfectly along the edge of the pickups that’s I’m convinced someone at Warmoth put the blank to one side specifically for a P bass

BA80-DEB0-93-AA-43-D3-89-CE-1-E4-FBF89-FE7-B.jpg

Wow, both really nice pieces. That neck is so chocolately and delicious. I love the look of a Korina body, so much character.

:rock-on:

Back