Tacoma Guitar Festival 2023 - will Warmoth be there?

Wazatron

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, but I'm curious if Warmoth always attends the Tacoma festival as a vendor? I see they did in 2020, though I don't see any official announcements about the show for 2023 (from Warmoth or the show organizers). I've always wanted to go, and that combined with a desire to hopefully get my hands on some bodies (hey now!) like the VIP and Velocity to really understand what they're like, I'm really hoping this might be possible at the '23 show.

Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, but I'm curious if Warmoth always attends the Tacoma festival as a vendor? I see they did in 2020, though I don't see any official announcements about the show for 2023 (from Warmoth or the show organizers). I've always wanted to go, and that combined with a desire to hopefully get my hands on some bodies (hey now!) like the VIP and Velocity to really understand what they're like, I'm really hoping this might be possible at the '23 show.
I don’t think you should attend as you will spend too much and get into trouble!

When is it?

I haven't found anything about a possible (likely?) 2023 show, but last year's dates were: MAY 21 - 22, 2022. So I'd have to imagine if there will be a '23 show it would be around the same time of year and announced somewhat soon. Just speculation on my part.

Ouch. You're picking at a big scab.

Journey with me, back to the year 2020. It was January, and covid was just some thing on the news that was happening somewhere else. Life was great. It was Warmoth's 40th Anniversary, and we were about the release two fully-built guitars, a bunch of limited releases throughout the year, AND....we were scheduled to attend the TGS.

And then covid came, and crushed everything.

And now, two years later we still have all the parts for those guitar sitting in storage. Many of the limited releases never happened.

And the tradeshow booth I designed is now boxed up and sitting in a warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant:

20191106_152129.jpg

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scene.jpg

At this point there are still too many bigger concerns Warmoth is dealing with to devote energy to a tradeshow.

But hope springs eternal! Maybe by 2024 things will be different. Fingers crossed!

Ouch. You're picking at a big scab.

Journey with me, back to the year 2020. It was January, and covid was just some thing on the news that was happening somewhere else. Life was great. It was Warmoth's 40th Anniversary, and we were about the release two fully-built guitars, a bunch of limited releases throughout the year, AND....we were scheduled to attend the TGS.

And then covid came, and crushed everything.

And now, two years later we still have all the parts for those guitar sitting in storage. Many of the limited releases never happened.

And the tradeshow booth I designed is now boxed up and sitting in a warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant:

View attachment 58942

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scene.jpg

At this point there are still too many bigger concerns Warmoth is dealing with to devote energy to a tradeshow.

But hope springs eternal! Maybe by 2024 things will be different. Fingers crossed!
I think it's ok to pick scabs, because picking scabs takes the sad out of you.

Ha! What a visual. But man I'm sorry to hear of that history and heartbreak! Cheers to a happy and healthy '23. I guess I'll just have to build a couple guitars to get to know them better, eh? :LOL:

Back