swiming pool route for neck and middle on a tele

Well by definition swimming pool route includes bridge pup as well and is already an option.

teleme01 said:
swimming pool route for neck and middle on a tele

I would suggest having the option of a multi-purpose route for the neck position so it can fit either a humbucker or strat-size single coil.  Is that what you had in mind?

TBurst Std said:
Well by definition swimming pool route includes bridge pup as well and is already an option.

I think the idea is Fender's Tele swimming pool route, which still allows a traditional bridge PU, but a variety of combinations in neck and mid...
zhcs8zujmimg5l8h8kuf.jpg

But Fender isn't too versatile, it's good enough for Nashville wiring, or SSH, but (IRCC) won't fit SHH or a Fender WRHB. The restriction of fitting some PUs in the middle is because the bridge plate takes to much space.

DuckBaloo said:
TBurst Std said:

I think the idea is Fender's Tele swimming pool route, which still allows a traditional bridge PU, but a variety of combinations in neck and mid...
zhcs8zujmimg5l8h8kuf.jpg

But Fender sis too versatile, it's good enough for Nashville wiring, or SSH, but (IRCC) won't fit SHH or a Fender WRHB. The retriction of fitting some PUs in the middle is because the bridge plate takes to much space.
yeah,  thats what i was thinking although i am not gonna build one,  but have the ability to put anything in the neck position from wide range to lipstick and with 24 fret positioning etc... 

teleme01 said:
DuckBaloo said:
TBurst Std said:

But Fender isn't too versatile, it's good enough for Nashville wiring, or SSH, but (IRCC) won't fit SHH or a Fender WRHB. The restriction of fitting some PUs in the middle is because the bridge plate takes to much space.
yeah,  thats what i was thinking although i am not gonna build one,  but have the ability to put anything in the neck position from wide range to lipstick and with 24 fret positioning etc...

IIRC, the WRHB doesn't fit that Fender route, but that doesn't mean Warmoth couldn't make a larger one.

Either a gibson or dimarzio mini humbucker will fit into a regular humbucker rout.

I am contemplating a Charlie christian for neck, yet would still want to have the most options. Asking warmoth wouldn't help me I already have the body

Back