stripping a bound neck

elgravos

Searching for tips on this one - I've got a bound neck which I love - except for the fact that it's painted. As a player I can only deal with natual finishes or satin.

Anyone have any suggestions on how the paint could be striped without damaging the fretboard binding?  Happy to consider heatgun or sanding but I can't think of anything that won't damage the line.

On the bright side, if there are no reasonably doable solutions, I'll just have to go and get a new Warmoth neck!  I do love that neck though - if only it weren't for that damn paint!

Cheers,
C.

per your " As a player I can only deal with natural finishes or satin."

Snobbery  :laughing7: tsk,tsk

I bet if you were stranded on a deserted Island and there was only a painted glossy finished $2 guitar . . . you'd whore all over it !?

Y/N ?

Of course but the whole point of Warmoth is getting what you want.  I don't want glossy finishes either, so I don't buy them.

Wow harsh krieg.

Tape the binding off and either sand down to wood or just steel wool the gloss off the existing finish.  Almost anything chemical may loosen the glue or shrivel the binding.

Blue313 said:
Wow harsh krieg.

Tape the binding off and either sand down to wood or just steel wool the gloss off the existing finish.  Almost anything chemical may loosen the glue or shrivel the binding.

and on a serious note . . . great advice Blu

I for one was certainly not offended.  Though there's no way I could bring myself to touch such a POS.  My fingers are far too delicate! ; - )

Thanks for the input guys.

kreig said:
Blue313 said:
Wow harsh krieg.

I was JOKING. If it came off anyother way, my most humble apology. :icon_jokercolor:

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well on the Interweb.  My bad on the misinterpretation  :icon_thumright:

kreig said:
per your " As a player I can only deal with natural finishes or satin."

Snobbery  :laughing7: tsk,tsk

I bet if you were stranded on a deserted Island and there was only a painted glossy finished $2 guitar . . . you'd whore all over it !?

Y/N ?
Y

Back