Strat Updates

Wizard of Wailing

I'm just posting some photos of three Warmoth Strats that I've modified since I first posted them.

Black Strat: This is my 1st Warmoth.  I got the red finish taken off the headstock and replaced a tortoise shell pickguard with a black   
                  one.

Seafoam Green Strat:  I finally got a pickguard without the standard Fender Strat volume knob position, which is the bane of my
                                existence.  I also got some Green anodized knobs from Anotone.com and put in a Special Strat pickup from 
                                Roadhouse Pickups in the middle position.

Daphne Blue Strat:  This design idea is a complete rip-off of Forum user Mike W's Daphne Blue Strat.  This had a single coil in the
                              bridge, a mint green pickguard, and a neck I didn't care for.  I added a humbucker and then I saw Mike W's
                              Daphne Blue guitar with a tortoise shell pickguard and the neck with blue inlays.  I would've never thought
                              about putting a tortoise shell pickguard on a blue guitar, but Mike W's guitar was an inspiration. The bridge
                              has an EMG 85X.  The neck is a Clapton profile goncalo alves with an ebony fretboard.

Attachments

• IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2274.JPG
    IMG_2274.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 556
Wouldn't kick any one of 'em out of bed just for eatin' crackers.  But that Daphne blue one - what a dreamboat.

All three are fine instruments. I also think the daphne blue is outstanding. It's nice to see Strats without a control right up against the bridge pickup.

I love that sea foam!!  :headbang4: Gold hardware looks great on it. My 2nd favorite is the David gilmour looking black guitar. Sweet trio.

I'm a sucker for Sea Foam, but that Daphne Blue one just grabbed me by the .... throat.
Gorgeous.

That's the way to build a Strat. HB in the bridge position and 1 volume knob out of the way and one tone knob. Nice trio!

Back