Strat Thinline

S

swarfrat

Discus
sthinline_zpse3bdcd2a.png

SustainerPlayer said:
Interesting - but horrible PG  ???

Because its pearl, or because it's thinline? They're busy but I think they work on flat colors, and loud pickguards work on black.  I kinda think the thinline brings out a new shape in the strat.

I like it - but not the pg colour. I'd go with brown tort on black.

Btw, you know Fender have done this already?

6c33d22d769f94f3a8be4d1b5d47c76d.png

Ah. No I didn't. I like the thinline pg except the little flair down at the knobs.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised since fender seems to be doing what we all are with the grab bag of available parts and templates.

I think a thin line pick guard on a guitar without the boxed in tele bridge does not make practical sense from guarding the finish if you play near the bridge. (Unless you consider a pick guard more for a routing cover that a finish protector, or you play and pick like a normal person and wouldn't hit the body in either case)

I do see that Fender has done it.

On yours, how do you switch and control Volume and tone?  ;)

Personally, I'm not a fan of mash-up designs. They leave me with the impression of just looking wrong and I don't find the idea of just mashing things up to be particularly creative.

But having said that, your design looks pretty cool.

There are cuves which flow from the upper horn into the pickguard. Plus it sort of divides the strat into diagonals. I'm not sure if it would be better to pick up the strat lower horn or not, but the thinline is an off rhe ahelf part and a lot less work than a completely custom pickguard.  Id have to think some more about the televrisge plate vs humbucker.

Fender Japan did it before and Fender's Mexican plant is cranking them out now. They've been done both with and without the f-hole. Personally, I think the Japanese ones—which also had flame maple tops and f-holes—were some of the most beautiful flat-top guitars around. The MIJ ones also came with the superior sculpted heel. Certain other parts companies *coughUSACGcough* have been making these bodies for years.

Or if you want something truly custom, the FCS will still do them for you...

30-CSFender.jpg

I think it looks pretty nice.

The downside would be if they routed like the thinline.

Not the end of the world but just makes any electronic work more tedious.

Back