Strat pickup cover for rear rout

mjlee

I plan to build a rear-rout Strat, and plan to direct mount the single coils, no pickups rings. For this particular build, I actually like how the pickup's "flange", the v-shaped tab protruding from the pickup's base, is visible. But the pickups I have are white and I want them to be black. Does anyone make a pickup cover that covers the pickup's flange?

Not that I am aware of but the pickup base which you describe as the flange are usually black in any case.

Never seen or heard of such a thing. I expect your best bet would be to carefully disassemble the pickups and paint the bases white.

stratamania said:
Not that I am aware of but the pickup base which you describe as the flange are usually black in any case.
Some builders use a green circuit-board material, but a little black fabric tape over it would do the trick of muting the glare.

Bagman67 said:
stratamania said:
Some builders use a green circuit-board material, but a little black fabric tape over it would do the trick of muting the glare.

I have seen that on noiseless and single coil size humbuckers but not on standard single coils. It does not mean it doesn't exist though, do you have an example?

Back