Strat build. Mahogany body, wenge/macassar ebony neck. Kahler!

Mattt

So this is going to be my 'metal' guitar.  :headbang5

Spent a loooooong time on this. Built up the parts for a couple of years as and when I had time/money.

Here's the specs:

Neck: Wenge with Macassar Ebony fretboard. Unfinished. 10-16" compound radius. 'Wolfgang' asymmetrical profile. 1 5/8" nut width. Stainless steel frets. Side inlays only.

Body: One piece mahogany. Contoured heel. Clear satin finish. Warmoth.

Hardware: Kahler hybrid tremolo... it can be locked into a fixed bridge! Schaller S-locks. Kahler nut with integrated string retainer (no need for string trees). Schaller locking tuners (not required but make string changes easier).

Electronics: Seymour Duncan Blackouts, standard model. 3-way switch (Bridge, Bridge & Neck, Neck), with master volume and one tone for each pickup.

Here are the pics:

2gv6lnq.jpg

2edmwwl.jpg

20s8thc.jpg

2dvvjg5.jpg

Fretboard grain is more easily seen without strings:

r2rina.jpg

Beautiful guitar, nicely spec'd out and well-built. You must be very happy!

Very happy with it.

The ebony fretboard with stainless frets is very smooth. The action is also quite low, with no buzz... I think the compound radius helps.

Love the Kahler too.

Beautiful guitar! Everything works very well together! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.  :icon_thumright:

Shazam!  That's a lovely, I daresay elegant expression shred guitar builder's art.  Great choices all around.  But that fingerboard just sends me.  So nice.

Cool guitar!  Strat shape, with a Kahler.. very Jerry Cantrell-esque, and that ain't a bad thing.  :icon_thumright:

Back