Strat 5-Way Switch Angle

Justin

Anyone know if it's possible to have Warmoth cut the holes for the 5-way switch at an angle more parallel to the edge of the pickguard?  I'm attempting to attach a picture but it doesn't seem to be working.  Basically, I want to flatten out the switch because when I play in the neck position, I sometimes come down on the switch and move to the next positions.  If the switch ran more parallel to the strings, I figure it wouldn't move as easily if I accidentally hit it.  I thought I'd ask here before bothering the sales staff, in case this request is impossible.  Is there room for this or should I just leave well enough alone?  I'm installing a Megaswitch E-Model from Stew-Mac.  Obviously, this is my first build.  Any info appreciated - thanks.

Yeah, I thought about that but I wonder if I wouldn't somehow screw it up and have to start over with a new guard.  My biggest concern is whether or not this rotation of the switch will still allow room for the caps & movement of the switch within the standard strat top control rout.  I'm probably just being overly picky with this.  I've got 3 strats and to me, everything about a strat is just about perfect, except for the angle of that $%&@ switch.  I just wish it was out of the way.  I'm building my first Warmoth and I figured I could somehow set it up just so...  but outside of your basic dremmel tool, I really don't have the tools or knowledge to properly make these cuts myself.  I'll probably just end up leaving the work to the pros at Warmoth and doing it the standard way.  It's worked for Fender for over 50 years, they must have thought it out carefully enough and never saw a need to change.  Thanks -

I totally agree with you though, I think at the angle we play the swith just seems off...

Back