strange concert

dbw

Master Member
I heard on the radio today that the Eagles are doing a tour with Poison and Cheap Trick.

Is it just me or is that a really random combination?  :help:

That is strange.  That's Queen w/Paul Rodgers strange, Boston w/the guy from Stryper strange, Pat Boone covering Metallica strange, Johnny Cash Covering Depeche Mode Strange, RUN DMC w/Aerosmith Strange, a KISS farewell tour strange, Keith Richards playing bass strange, and Steve Morse w/Kansas strange.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That is strange.  That's Queen w/Paul Rodgers strange, Boston w/the guy from Stryper strange, Pat Boone covering Metallica strange, Johnny Cash Covering Depeche Mode Strange, RUN DMC w/Aerosmith Strange, a KISS farewell tour strange, Keith Richards playing bass strange, and Steve Morse w/Kansas strange.
I kinda like the Paul Rodgers/Queen thing,

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Hey It thought RUN DMC w/ Areosmith was awesome!  :icon_biggrin:

As awesome as it was, it never struck you as strange?  You were born after that it anyway.  That's been in existence longer than you, so how could it it be strange to you?

Hey I saw Paul Rogers / Queen, I didn't expect alot going into it, but they blew me away I was Impressed bigtime.

I can't believe the Eagles need an opening act to attract a crowd, wow. It's a good gig to go see I bet.

As awesome as it was, it never struck you as strange?  You were born after that it anyway.  That's been in existence longer than you, so how could it it be strange to you?
It seemed weird to me, and I was pretty unsure at first, but when it was over, I think I enjoyed it.

Max said:

It seemed weird to me, and I was pretty unsure at first, but when it was over, I think I enjoyed it.
Never stuck me as weird. But I like Weird.

Today one of my students said that her mom was under the impression that she likes Journey (just because she knows all the words to "Don't Stop Believing"... like who doesn't?).  So her mom gave her a Journey cd, and Charlotte was like "Okay... thanks".

Then a few weeks later her mom comes up to her again and says "You like Journey, so here!  Take this Tom Petty cd, you'll love it!".  WTF?  Tom Petty and Journey are the in the same vein in what world???

It's funny too because Charlotte doesn't even like Journey. 

I know all the words to songs I don't like.  I can sing Creed and N'Sync songs all day.

Same for me and "Woolly Bully".

Just the mention of it and off it goes in my head, that stupid sounding Farfisa (sp) organ.

I know all the words to songs I don't like.  I can sing Creed and N'Sync songs all day.

Oh man... that sounds horrible!  Are you okay?  

The only songs that I hate that I know all the words to are songs from musicals that I crewed.  Still to this day if someone starts singing "Shipoopi" from The Music Man, I have to leave the room.  Even the less annoying songs from that show make me want to strangle people sometimes though.  Bad memories, and we did 45 shows during that run.  

Never stuck me as weird. But I like Weird.

That happened in like '86.  You weren't even born 'til the mid 90s.  Once again, how could it be strange to you?

Lots of stuff that happened before I was born is strange to me. I don't have to be alive when something happens for it to seem weird to me.

Back