StewMac double cream humbuckers?

BroccoliRob

yo wassup party people? everyone living la Vida loco?

anyway, how is SM getting away with these double-cream humbuckers? should i buy some before dimarzio fills their metaphorical diaper with the spicy drippings of litigation???

I came across them when i was making my famous Z Chicken for dinner and browsing the www (world web). it's my special invention recipe that adds a rich grape flavor to the bird and eliminates allergies for several months. sometimes its hard to get a pharmacy to sell u enough of the liquid zrytec all at once to boil 4 (four) chicken breasts at the time, tho, so u just gotta hit multiple places to stock up. you can, of course, use allegra or a store brand, but i find them less effective

Last edited:
dang, that's George strait-up brilliant. have Dim make em on the DL (short for like secretly) but use the SD wiring to keep it covert. they r good prices too, perhaps made overseas? not that that bothers me (isn't it weird when you write a sentence with two thats? english lol am i right?).

They look more DiMarzio than many DiMarzio pups. But... Maybe it's just me, but i somehow want my humbucker to be branded not to lose confidence in its capabilities as measured by my ears (who I don't always trust). Mid and neck single coils I do trust my ears more but with humbuckers i find the line between sounding cheap and great thinner - so I always revert back to the classics (and btw, I'll not go for single coil humbuckers like the hot rails anymore, those just betray me too often)

Not sure I'm making any sense here...

It was challenged for four years but not upheld as the petitioner withdrew. Dimarzio effectively still holds that trademark. It was and is a trademark rather than a patent.

Oh I had always heard it was a design patent not a trademark. That does change the argument a lot.

However it would be easy to get around this by using a "double aged white" (looking at you fender) or some other shade that is cream adjacent but not the particular shade of cream that DiMarzio uses for their trademark.

update: Stew has taken down all the double cream options for their various HBs and my tax return didn't make it in time to buy 1 :cry:
lary dimarzio must've sensed a disturbance in the cosmic DC resistance and rose from his coffin like an agitated vampire to make life inconvenient for everyone

update: Stew has taken down all the double cream options for their various HBs and my tax return didn't make it in time to buy 1 :cry:
lary dimarzio must've sensed a disturbance in the cosmic DC resistance and rose from his coffin like an agitated vampire to make life inconvenient for everyone
Well that's lame!

Back