Steve's Music - Excellent Service

mayfly

Epic Member
Hi Folks,

For about two months I've been looking at upgrading my simple home recording setup.  I finally settled on the neumann TLM 102 and the Apogee duet II.  Now the issue with the Duet II is that they were late shipping and very hard to find - so I was monitoring sweet water etc to see when things would start moving.

Finally last week I gave up and decided just to call my local store, Steve's music to see what they could do.  Here's a quick summary of events:

Thursday - phone steve's and talk to Larry in audio.  They have one of the older duets in stock, so I had him put my name on it.

Friday - was going to mail order the mic, but decided to phone Steve's on the off chance they had it.  Turns out they had it AND the correct shock mount for it for the same price as sweet water.  Larry asked me if I wanted to put my name on that one as well.  I said - "hell I'll just buy them both - but can you ship them to me?  I can't manage to get downtown these days".  Larry said he would look into it.

Monday - Larry phones and tells me that shipping is $40 - so he'll just deliver them himself as he lives near me.  "Sure!" I said thinking "what great service"
Tuesday - Larry phones again and tells me that the Duet II just came in and one of the guys who pre-ordered it wanted to back out.  "Do you want it?" was the question. "Hell yes!!" was the response.
Later  tuesday - Larry shows up at my door with the stuff.  Everything is as advertised.  And he's a nice guy to meet in person.
Even later tuesday - when the kids were asleep I fired up the rig.  Sounds great - clear improvement on the old one.  

So - If you are in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto, SHOP AT STEVE'S.  Hell - shop at Steve's if you are nowhere near Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto!

Yours,
Mayfly

Good ol' Steve's. The stores look trashy as hell from the outside (and the inside, come to think of it), but they're stocked with lots of great gear and staffed by people who--God forbid!--actually know their stuff. I always make it a point to stop by whenever I'm near one.

Mayfly, er, flown: Has their online store improved any? From what I recall it used to suck pretty bad...

Always great to hear about awesome service.

sidenote: I used to live a mile & a half from Sweet Water's headquarters (Fort Wayne, Indiana - oddly enough)

Jonesey said:
Mayfly, er, flown: Has their online store improved any? From what I recall it used to suck pretty bad...

It's not the best.  The stock is not up to date on it.  It's always best to phone them.  They do have a lot of good stuff and as their tag line says: "If we don't have it... you don't need it!"

Probably not gonna be doin' any business with them in the near future ... 9000+ miles would bump the shipping costs over $40 I'm sure!

Unless Larry can drop my order off on his way home ... via AUSTRALIA  :icon_biggrin:

Good to hear about a business offering great customer service though  :icon_thumright:

Back