Starcaster Bass Neck Pocket

torpedovegas

So on the warmoth site, it says that the 30" scale necks are ONLY for the short scale warmoth bodies.  I'm usually short on cash so my plan is to get the parts for a Starcaster hollow body bass one part at a time.  I'm looking to pick one of these up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Modern-Player-Starcaster-Bass-BODY-HARDWARE-SemiHollow-Maple-Cherryburst-/142175255061?hash=item211a4e3a15:g:UuwAAOSwXeJYI5Qj

As a contingency plan, I can always get one of the corresponding necks, but honestly I'd rather go with a warmoth neck eventually.  I was wondering if anyone could illuminate this for me since unfortunately I did not hear back from warmoth themselves.

Also any recommendations on bass-buckers are welcome.

Nothing's impossible but I'd take Warmoth's info on this one.

W's pocket is 2.387" wide so I guess you could find out how wide the Fender pocket is so you'd know if you'd have to enlarge the pocket or deal with gaps (the standard 34" scale pocket is 2.5" wide).

The screw holes are in different places relative to the heel end - so some drilling to do there.

The biggest issue is that the Fender has 22 frets, with the last one some distance in from the heel end. Warmoth's has 20 frets and needs an overhang, so the bridge would need moving some distance further from the heel if you wanted it to intonate. (Or you could go fretless and add your own markers - or even fret it yourself.)

torpedovegas said:
Logrinn said:
Or perhaps wait until Warmoth releases their Mooncaster bass and you'd get a fit that's guarantueed to work.

That is some clutch info.  Hopefully it's completely identical to the neck pocket on the Starcaster bass I posted and the neck will work  :icon_thumright:

I think Logrinn is saying that Warmoth's Mooncaster bass body will be a guaranteed fit for Warmoth's short scale necks.

Fat Pete said:
torpedovegas said:
Logrinn said:
Or perhaps wait until Warmoth releases their Mooncaster bass and you'd get a fit that's guarantueed to work.

That is some clutch info.  Hopefully it's completely identical to the neck pocket on the Starcaster bass I posted and the neck will work  :icon_thumright:

I think Logrinn is saying that Warmoth's Mooncaster bass body will be a guaranteed fit for Warmoth's short scale necks.

Well, I'm sure by the time it's all unveiled I'll just be getting that Starcaster body and I'll have my answer then.  Worst case Ontario, I'll just get an a la carte starcaster neck and have my guy shave off the finish.  Roasted maple would've been ideal...but hey I'm mainly a guitar player anyway.

Fat Pete said:

That's exactly what I meant.  :icon_thumright:

Back