Standard Fender Routing

LarsXI

I'm sorry to have to ask this; however, I'm in a bit of a bind.

There are plenty of resources on the web concerning routing for a standard fender tremolo cavity; yet, no one seems to have the dimensions of the cavity itself. I'd like to make my own template.

Please excuse me

unfortunately SM makes you pay $60 for a bunch of templates you may not want, just to get the one you do want. Unless I'm missing something...

Yeah, stewmac seem to know the precise dimensions.

I may break down and eventually order a couple. For now I'm going to try and make my own templates from someone else's strat.

If I'm successful, I'll post the template measurements for everyone.

Does anyone have a strat or compatible? I know one way to make a template is to use a flush trim bit and appropriately sized plywood, and just drill a hole to accept the bit and make sure the piece is secured against the body, and just route away. By flush trim bit I mean the kind with the bearing on the bottom rather than top. This will copy the cavity onto the plywood and then you can use that as template.

Thats basically what I'm looking to do with the tremolo cavity. The dimensions for the neck pocket are on the Warmoth Website, if you just want to make a template for that without another guitar.

The trouble is, there's no place you can get the dimensions for the tremolo cavity if you want to make your own template as opposed to just buying a stewmac one.

I've managed to find all but about three crucial measurements, labeled as A B and C.

GoDrex said:
unfortunately SM makes you pay $60 for a bunch of templates you may not want, just to get the one you do want. Unless I'm missing something...

That's only if you get the entire package, you can get JUST the standard fender template without having to get the Floyd, Recessed Floyd, etc...

Back