Spruce-top/Bocote-neck Strat completed

Thanks for that - I thought I'd read that they did insist but I see now that's for real binding on a contoured top. So even though the body builder doesn't give the option, they'll do it if you call them?

On almost the same subject, do you know if they will do the pinstripe option on a chambered body?

There are a number of things they can do if you call them. They're not running a basement operation there; it's a full-featured wood-wrangling shop with a lotta pretty fancy tools and high-priced talent running around that seems to enjoy a challenge. But, some things aren't offered in the builder for various reasons... maybe a wood isn't consistently available, the choice would be confusing, it would force other actions that aren't obvious, it wouldn't be a choice many would make, it isn't practical, on and on. So, as custom as you can get things from it, the Builder is geared more toward "standard" sorts of things.

As for the pinstripe on a chambered/hollow body, I haven't seen a body done that way and I'm not sure how they do it so I don't know if it's practical. Again, a call would clear that up. If you find out, you might want to mention it here so we all know.

Back