Spalt Maple Soloist

you can't custom order spalt from the website, but I'm happy to say that there will be a number of spalts coming to the showcase sometime...

Absolutely stunning, I need to make a spalted soloist to go with my spalted tele one day.... :rock-on:

That Birdseye compliments the Spalt top perfectly, digging the black binding as well, a nice balanced wood and color scheme throughout the whole guitar, too me this is a near perfect build, where each part compliments the next, to complete an overall harmonious look and feel. I may have gone 24 frets as that is what the soloist is about,but each has their own wants, This is guitar art, Im loving it. Nice job!  :icon_thumright:

That's an awesome looking build, I love everything about it.

I wished I had lurked arround here for a few months before I built my first couple Warmoths, cuz they woulda been totaly diferant than what I bought.

Alfang said:
That's an awesome looking build, I love everything about it.
I wished I had lurked arround here for a few months before I built my first couple Warmoths, cuz they woulda been totaly diferant than what I bought.
I concur

the splat is damn cool - never quite had the guts to do one myself, but the good tops seem to really look great (like this one).

the soloist bodies do seem to be a little less utilized than I would expect -  it seems there are way more traditional strat and tele aficionados building with Warmoth parts (nothing wrong with them - I like my strat shaped axes and plan to build a tele, just surprised to not see the soloist used so much less).  putting a strat type headstock on the soloist body looks pretty damn good too (I might be biased since that's what I just did lol).

Back