Soundclip of the Gecko Guitar with Rio Grande pickups

stultzies9

Sorry it's taken me so long to put up some clips, but I've been a lazy lazy guy.  :laughing7:

So this is a song I put together yesterday at a friend's house.  All the guitars were recorded with my Gecko Prototype guitar.  It's a mahogany body with a maple/rosewood neck.  It's got Stainless Steel frets and a graphite nut.  It's got a BBQ Bucker in the bridge (which you'll hear all over), and a Tallboy in the neck (which isn't on this track).  I can honestly say that it's an incredible guitar, and I just love everything about it.

All the guitar tracks were recorded with either a Carvin Legacy head (that would be the rhythm guitars), and a Carvin Nomad with a Jekyll and Hyde pedal in front (all the melodies and leads).  I used an Axetrak isolation cabinet and a Hughes and Kettner Red Box for the signal.

Here's the song:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=167671&songID=6675787

Nice jam there Stultzie, I like it, a little Satiani-esque vibe going on......very tight.... :icon_thumright: :guitarplayer2:

Yep, it's that guitar.  It's mine.  And I love it.  Balances great, sounds great, plays great.  Can't really complain, can I?  :party07:

sounds great!
so did you design this guitar yourself, or is it an actual proto type that Warmoth will make available as an option sometimes in the near future?

Good sounds! Your choice of Carvin guitar amps (which I'm a fan of) compliment your guitar well  :guitaristgif:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
It plays amazingly awesome, action down to about 2/64ths of an inch. Bends are effortless.

Confused.. Are you "stultzies9" as well, or do you have another prototype or know him and have played the axe?

jackthehack said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
It plays amazingly awesome, action down to about 2/64ths of an inch. Bends are effortless.

Confused.. Are you "stultzies9" as well, or do you have another prototype or know him and have played the axe?
Sounds like he knows him and has played the guitar.... :dontknow:

Sounds great!

Fantastic guitar, balances nicely and the Tallboy sounds very cool... although you should have tapped it!!

jackthehack said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

Puyallup is a small town, everyone knows everyone.

Yeah, the guitar was my idea.  I always wanted a Gecko guitar, and it only took me 2 1/2 years to realize that our 7 string body is very very similar in shape.  So I asked them to cut it down to a 6 string, and they liked it enough that it may become a model offering in the future.

Either way, I just love it.  It's become one of my two main guitars, along with my Hollow Strat. 

Glad you guys like the soundclip.  Sometime in the future, I'll see about posting some cleaner clips with the Tallboy neck pickup.  If you haven't heard one, you need to.  It's wonderful beyond words....

found it..:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2693.0

would love to see more pics too!

Cool guitar, great sounds, great track, well played.

Now to go slightly off topic, let me ask this.  How do you get with the AxeTrak Iso cabinet?  I'm considering one for my girlfriend's, and neighbour's sanity.  I know it has an 'optimised' mic inside for recording but can you crank a 50W Marshall into it and not kill the cats in the area?  Did you have to tweaking the mic sound on the recording or is it respectable?

Ta
Jim

Very cool guitar, cool tune, you've got some really solid nice chops there.  The satriani-esque legato stuff after 1:30 sound great.

So far, I'm loving the Axetrak.  It works exactly as advertised.  I've been able to run my Legacy head at 50W (which is a REALLY loud amp) at a volume of about 6.5 without doing any damage.  I blew the fuse when the volume hit 7-ish, but that's why they give you two spares right out of the box.

As far as volume outside the box goes, they're not lying when they say it's about as loud as a normal speaking voice.  I've been able to practice with it in the room with headphones on, and my wife can barely hear it in the living room when she's watching TV.  So yes, it should keep your girlfriend from beating you about the head, neck, and shoulders when you want to play.  :laughing7:

With the Legacy, I did have to tweak the knobs a bit to get a good sound out of it, but I think that's more the Legacy's fault than the Axetrak.  The Legacy is notorious for having to mess with the knobs for a while to dial your sound in.  With the Nomad, which is what I used for all the leads, I literally left it set up like I do for playing live, and it sounded great.

Nope.  The guy I was recording with had a guitar with a Floyd.  So I just plugged that in and dived away.

Had to my hair metal on for a moment.  :party07:

Back