SOLD! $150 - 1989 Fender Razzberry USA Strat Plus Body Routed for Schaller Floyd

Updated with lower price! A forum member has informed me that the bridge crack is a bigger pain to fix than I anticipated (see thread below). Still a great value for a shredder with some solid woodworking skills!

1989 Razzberry USA Strat Plus body routed for Schaller Floyd. Great-sounding body, but you'll have to fix the crack near the lower bridge stud (also a tiny crack near the neck pocket, but that's in the finish only and purely cosmetic). Otherwise, it's in decent shape for a 29-year-old guitar. Light swirling and belt-buckle rash as you'd expect. I'm pretty sure it's alder but don't quote me on that. Weighs around 5 pounds, give or take an ounce. Very resonant and solid Strat body, and you'll never have an issue with neck dive. $150 shipped to CONUS; other locations negotiable.

Attachments

• Strat 1.JPG
    Strat 1.JPG
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 360
  • Strat body back.jpg
    Strat body back.jpg
    590.6 KB · Views: 413
  • Strat bridge stud crack.jpg
    Strat bridge stud crack.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 343
  • Strat neck pocket finish crack.jpg
    Strat neck pocket finish crack.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 329
  • Razzberry Strat Floyd1.jpg
    Razzberry Strat Floyd1.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Razzberry Strat Floyd2.jpg
    Razzberry Strat Floyd2.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Razzberry Strat Floyd3.jpg
    Razzberry Strat Floyd3.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 302
There is NO good way to fix those kinds of cracks near the stud holes. Usually I rout out a big hole, glue in new wood, touch up the finish and then drill for the stud.

Wow, I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info. As someone with no woodworking experience, I figured it was just a matter of a little glue. I'm prepared to adjust the price accordingly if someone wants to make me an offer.

Well, I've been doing guitar repair for 40 years, and I run into these a bunch since the invention of the Floyd and all it's variants.

I appreciate the info. After some thought, I modified the post to reflect a lower (and hopefully), more reasonable price considering the resources involved in fixing this issue.

Back