So I'm babysitting a friend's kids... and she gets arrested...

Vol. Knob

... for parking tickets her husband got on her car...  Ended up watching her kids for three hours instead of one.

Fortunately she wasnt detained long.  Just long enough to get processed, pay the ticket, and let go...  two miles away from her car.  And I don't have child seats.  Poor girl had to walk back to her car.

And on an unrelated note...  I get home, and our neighbors have a kangaroo....  Poor scared little guy!
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PG_gVa3XBs[/youtube]

Mmmmmmmmm, I hear that roo meat is tasty. And their hide is 1000 times stronger than cow hide, lot's of motorcycle riders I ride with have roo jackets.... :laughing7:

Is legal to have a Kangaroo?  :icon_scratch:
As far as I know they're wild thing, not domesticated... there are domestic ones?  ???

Hey Vol. Knob,

Did I catch in one of your postings that you live in Shawnee, Kansas?  I believe this to be so?  I lived in Kansas City for 16 years.
While I was there, I got in a bunch of trouble for having three partial wild cats.  :icon_jokercolor: I can't believe having a Roo would be legal, or practical, or safe!  :doh: I hear they can get pretty mean.

Yes, Roo meat can be tasty!  It is a bit on the dry side so you have to be careful not to overcook it.
When I lived in Kansas City, Jack In The Box got in a butt load of trouble for serving Roo meat in their tacos.  It would not be illegal, except for the fact  they didn't tell anyone it was Roo meat  :evil4:

I remember that Jack in the Box thing...don't know if it was real or hype, but I remember it.

Are you in the States, Vol Knob?  I thought you were.  Got a Roo in the US?

Yes indeed, I do live in Shawnee Kansas, a nice little pseudo-rich township that's awefully fond of itself and with cops so strict that Hitler would be envious. I hate it here, but I have a gigantic back yard, a deck you cant see the neighbors from (due to commercial property that some might find hideous, but I have redneck blood family tree and find the cinder-block construction endearing), a basement studio with sliding glass doors to the back yard, and the schools are good...  A suburb of Kansas City Missouri, my home town that I love dearly and is only a 20 minute drive down the road.

The roo belongs to the neighbor's brother.  Beyond that, I have no information.  Shortly after I shot that footage my baby-mamma showed up with my kids and I had other, more pressing, matters to attend to.

Hey Vol. Knob,
Yea, Kansas is not a horrible place.  After all, it does have the Yellow Brick Road!  :blob7: :hello2: :blob7:
The one aspect that does suck about Kansas is the winter. :sad: :toothy11: :sad:
Had a chance to move to Phoenix and love it.  Been here another twenty years. 
I do miss the green landscape of the Midwest.  :sad1:  I also miss partying down at Westport!  :party07:  Blaney's was my favorite back in the day!
I watched your last pub jam.  Looks like you were havin' a rockin' good time.
Be cool and I will stay tuned for your further Kansan adventures... 

as an asutralian i can honetly tell ou that kangaroo meat is delicious and very very healthy!  :laughing11:

bbl4ck said:
Hey Vol. Knob,
Yea, Kansas is not a horrible place.  After all, it does have the Yellow Brick Road!  :blob7: :hello2: :blob7:

Nononono...

"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto."
Maybe if you turned down Dark Side of the Moon during the movie, you would have heard that :p

Well, goodbye yellow brick road.

There isn't any Yellow Brick Road in Kansas, that's in the Land of Oz!  And Dorothy is murdering shoe thief!  The Witch of the West was framed!.  I'm convinced that the munchkins and the Wizard were in kahootz with each other, it was an illegal land grab and they used Dorothy as a their tool/scapegoat to off the witch so they could split up her real estate holdings and expand their emerald mining operations.

And how does Roo meat compare to venison?  As I'm originally from Missouri, we're more partial to eating Bambi (white tail deer).

My knowledge of Kangaroos comes from Conan O'Brien.  An "animal expert" had one on a leash and it planned or unplanned got out of the collar.  It proceeded to balance on it's left leg and tail and use its right leg with disproportionately longer toenails to kick as to defend itself.  At this point the "animal expert" said that the Roo's dominant foot grows longer toenails to castrate opposing Roo's male competitors.  So there's that to deal with.

Vol. Knob said:
And how does Roo meat compare to venison?  As I'm originally from Missouri, we're more partial to eating Bambi (white tail deer).

Kangaroo meat is quite lean, and as such is considered a healthy red meat.

The 'farming' of kangaroos for the meat trade involves going out and spotlighting the 'mob' and shooting them. Animal activists get upset at that way of creating a market, but the animals are wild animals and I haven't heard of any Aussie farmer bothering to try and domesticate them for farming purposes. Some folks get the odd joey that's been orphaned by a road kill incident & the like, but I have never heard of a kangaroo farm.

Because of the inconsistent supply, the kangaroo meat market tend to export upon demand rather than try and set up a domestic market for the product. So you folks outside of Australia may have a better chance of eating Skippy than me!

Like wild deer it has a gamey sort of taste, and can be stringy if overcooked.

The below Wikipedia entry is quite informative.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_meat

Back