So I just had my first paid shift at my new job

dNA

I've been training as a bartender recently at a bar that's like half a mile away from my house. It's pretty new - in it's third summer - and it's the busiest and most popular bar in the entire county. I didn't know the area had young people, let alone that many...
So anyway, the days i worked before were unpaid training (and rightfully so, I had a bit of a learning curve since I haven't bartended in almost a year.) Today I worked my first paid shift. I had no clue how much I might make in a night's work. Apparently more than I make in the 25 hours I worked at my other job this week. And my day job doesn't treat me too bad either.
Plus, at my day job, I may be in for a raise before too long, because we're hiring someone to do a lot of the mundane clerical work I do so I can move on up to project development and fundraising work (I work for a nonprofit.)

:eek:ccasion14: This is going to be a fruitful summer. My P/J bass build is in the works. And i may get the chance to buy a different neck for my thinline (which came out way brighter than I wanted it to.) And who knows-  i might actually save some money like I'm supposed to. haha

I bartended off and on for about 7 years. It is good fun in the right bars, and the tips can be great. But you can run your arse off on a busy night.

Kublai said:
I bartended off and on for about 7 years. It is good fun in the right bars, and the tips can be great. But you can run your arse off on a busy night.

very true. I bust my ass, but when it's busy I have fun and the time flies. The first few hours of the night were slow, then we had a rush for 2 or 3 hours. Then it was slow and I almost went home early, but it got busy again right around 11 and we were slammed up until we stopped serving at quarter to 2. It was my first really busy night there too. I was so exhausted by the end of the night. After closing and cleaning and everything it was like 4 in the morning that i finally went home.

Back