showcase frustration

I'm sure Warmoth has studied this, and come to the conclusion, that 80%, or so, of their stock should be standard thin, then wolfgang, then srv etc. based on sales volume. I guess it would be how long a particular type of neck would stay inventory, so 80 standard necks, probably spend as much time in inventory as 3 wolfgangs.

I'm a BIG fan of wolfgang necks by the way.

I like Gibson conversion with 42 mm nut, only 1of my knecks is from showcase. Special order cost the same and I got to pick which wood combo I wanted. It is tempting however to scoop up a Special sale roasted maple neck.

I'm sure Warmoth has studied this, and come to the conclusion, that 80%, or so, of their stock should be standard thin, then wolfgang, then srv etc. based on sales volume. I guess it would be how long a particular type of neck would stay inventory, so 80 standard necks, probably spend as much time in inventory as 3 wolfgangs.

I'm a BIG fan of wolfgang necks by the way.
I have no doubt that they know what sells and the populate based on that. The only odd ones are probably returns that end up in the showcase.

My speculation is that every spec that varies from 1-11/16”, standard thin, compound radius, 25.5”, 6150 is putting further risk that it’ll languish in the showcase. I also bet they have a few other combos that sell like 59/24.75” and an arcade with Wizard, etc.

What are the odds of finding a showcase neck with your preferred specs? Assuming you want roasted maple and rosewood, there are so many combinations of fretboard radius and nut width. Personally I’m only interested in necks with modern/vintage construction, 12” radius, and 1.687” nut so I’m probably never going to find it in the showcase.

You can do that?
well you can't count missed sales. i for one have bought probably 50 warmoth necks over the years and only once did i buy a standard thin one and it was way too thin. I no longer build to order as it takes too long. I can re-profile a fatback or boatneck to "my profile" but can't do squat with a thin neck

well you can't count missed sales. i for one have bought probably 50 warmoth necks over the years and only once did i buy a standard thin one and it was way too thin. I no longer build to order as it takes too long. I can re-profile a fatback or boatneck to "my profile" but can't do squat with a thin neck

I understand that you're upset we don't carry more profiles in the showcase. Unfortunately, the reality is we don't have the shelf space or the production capacity to maintain in stock all the combinations of neck specs that are possible (or bodies, for that matter). So we use our finite production capacity and space to stock what we know sells through the most quickly.

For other things we offer the custom builders.

How do you even see/filter all of the showcase necks at once like in the original post above? I can only figure out how to see the in-stock necks for each style one at a time (i.e., available Mustang necks, etc)

I understand that you're upset we don't carry more profiles in the showcase. Unfortunately, the reality is we don't have the shelf space or the production capacity to maintain in stock all the combinations of neck specs that are possible (or bodies, for that matter). So we use our finite production capacity and space to stock what we know sells through the most quickly.

For other things we offer the custom builders.
Did you once calculate how many different necks one could build through Warmoth?

How do you even see/filter all of the showcase necks at once like in the original post above? I can only figure out how to see the in-stock necks for each style one at a time (i.e., available Mustang necks, etc)

Well the first thing to note is that the filter results pictured in the OP are not across all necks. That image was taken from a single product - the CBS Strat® replacement neck. If you choose a more popular product like a regular Strat® replacement neck the results look like the image below. (Still far more Standard Thin profiles, but plenty of others available too.)

full

The ability to apply a filter across all the models at once that you're referring to was from two websites ago. There were MANY issues with that old system, most notably that it would lead you to dead ends. You could run a filter and if the results were zero you ended up on a blank page with nothing to buy. On the current system the number of available products for each option is displayed right after the option name. If there are none available the option is not shown, so you never fall into a black hole. (There were plenty of web-dev issues too, but I won't bore you.)

Nowadays, if you want to filter across all models, there are a few workarounds via the much-improved search function. For example:

You can search for say " Gibson neck " and I get all models that are Gibson conversion

You could also search for "Screamin Deals" and see them all at once.

Did you once calculate how many different necks one could build through Warmoth?

Yes, we did. It's mindboggling. The total of all the combinations of options across our products is in the trillions.

A few years ago we moved into a new facility with WAY more shelving space. We hoped it would be big enough, but it turns out a trillion takes up a lot of space. ;)

As Steven Wright said - "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"

But my favorite was a facebook ad "212 acres, $1, ships to you" And I'm like - well dang, my lot is only 2 acres, I don't have anywhere to put it.

Every order becomes a statistical result, which then can be tracked to create a report. Simple economics of supply and demand give you all the information that you need in order to supply for that demand, including specs, peak seasonal order, etc. This ensure that you have just enough inventory to fulfill orders at any given time during the year for the most common orders which that season. The Showcase is built on this foundation, and usually the more uniquely ordered specifications are the rare exceptions, to which a custom order is the best option. Fulfillment of these by Warmoth is some of the best in the business for the stellar quality that we get. We just get used to the more immediate gratification that the Showcase provides, and therefore expect it all across the board.

Yes, we did. It's mindboggling. The total of all the combinations of options across our products is in the trillions.

A few years ago we moved into a new facility with WAY more shelving space. We hoped it would be big enough, but it turns out a trillion takes up a lot of space. ;)
Indeed.

I did the calculation on just Strat Replacement with only modern, roasted maple and the number was impressive. Some of the options are small (I couldn’t tell the difference between a 10” radius and 11” radius) but even fret size from 6150 to 6100 makes a neck feel different. Warmoth gives me a bit of option paralysis but what a fantastic opportunity to spec out your guitars.

Do any specific combos stand out when you look at the frequent order combos?

Do any specific combos stand out when you look at the frequent order combos?

You can pretty much glean the data by looking at what's in the showcase. This is pretty much THE neck:

Maple/Maple or Rosewood
Right Handed
Standard Thin
1-11/16" Nut Width
10" - 16" Radius
Your Choice Frets
Your Choice Nut
Standard Dot Inlays
Standard Four-Hole Mount
Your choice Finish

Also, look at the specs of the current SALE necks. We built those with all the most popular options, and we are selling loads of them.

Back