show us your pedalboard

Zhaezzy

I am curious on how others approach to building their pedalboards. I have a variety of pedals from Chinese to botique stuff what fits the bill for me.
1. Donner compressor
2. Digitech Dirty robot
3. Joyo wooden sound
4. Donner morpher
5. Joyo Ultimate overdrive
6. DOD Phasor 201
7.Keely Multi echo
8. Electro harmonix 360 looper

Attachments

• pedalboard.JPG
    pedalboard.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 509
I love pedalboard threads, I'm in. I dig your approach, I wouldn't have thought of it but that expanded metal is just about perfect, isn't it?

I just put this together a couple of weeks ago:

Photo%20May%2008%2C%206%2055%2002%20PM.jpeg

Board is a a Pedal Train Terra. Signal chain is guitar -> Fulltone Clyde Wah -> Line 6 Helix -> DigiTech FreqOut (Helix FX Loop 1) -> Earthquaker Bit Commander (Helix FX Loop 2) -> DeviEver Shoe Gazer in the loop of a Boss NS-2 noise suppressor (Helix FX Loop 3) -> ZVex Fuzz Factory (Helix FX Loop 4) -> XLR out to Atomic CLR cab. The two treadle pedals by the Helix are external expression pedals. Power is from a VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ mounted underneath the board. The Helix runs off the courtesy outlet, so only one power cable from the board.

I posted a thread when I was putting this board together, it's here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=28051.0

I'm more interested in your single effects than the line 6 multi effect like some odd ball pedals the freq out bit comander and shoe gazer are cool pedals. The expanded metal on ther eis aluminium so it is very light just found a scrap piece at work and it got the gears going.

This one isn't working right now but it's pretty much how I will have it laid out more than likely by the end of next month. University assignments have stopped me from working more on this...

ythVEUq.jpg

Red Witch Eve Tremolo into a Digitech JamMan Express XT then into my M-Audio interface...

My pedalboard doesn't have any special effects on it, but you can see how it's built anyway...

Pedalboard_Sm_zpsljas51uy.jpg

I used a wider version of a general-purpose CNB case like this...

418EQH0C8DL.jpg

then removed the bottoms of all those pedals/switches to get the cover bolt patterns and drilled holes in a piece of architectural panel to mount them. Bolted the panel into the top of the case, which is what you see in the first pic. To close it up, I just reattach the bottom. Works well. Everything stays in place. A nice feature is I don't have to run separate power to it, and there are no signal lines to/from it. Everything is done over a MIDI connection, so there's just a single thin cable running from it to the rack. Guitar gets into the rack via wireless. Makes for a very fast, clean setup.

Cagey, how is your Boost switch set up? I can't seem to get my Matman style boost to work correctly anymore.  The initial lower value doesn't seem to send at patch selection. Works great if I hit the button twice (i.e.: send higher value of 127, then send lower value).

Sorry, I don't remember and I don't have the unit here to review it. I'm in the seemingly neverending process of moving, and nearly everything I own is still in storage.

This nails Mayer/SRV, heavy rock/metal, and has tons of capabilty for experimental/ambient tones.  The only potential castaway is The Dude, which is excellent, but its tone overlaps some of the others a bit and those stack so well with each other.

The Pinnacle Deluxe has a standalone boost function that can be stacked with its gain channel wonderfully.  The gain channel itself is just missing a pinch of mids, despite the dedicated midrange potentiometer.  Still amazing stacked with the others and offers an amazing light crunch that works well with the split humbucker.  Still that boost - it's nearly as good as the Maxon 808 and it sounds stunning running into it!  Manliest blues tone around with the Tumnus, Maxon, and Pinnalce's boost engaged.  It absolutely barks and its all dead quiet thanks to the amp's grounding scheme/layout and these Dimarzios, which are the best pickups I've had in any Strat ever - after thousands of dollars spent over the course of my musical career.

The G2G Custome OD is really sweet and this is from a couple dudes in NZ that don't get much love here in the States.  Pity!  There's something special about their OD linup.  I formerly owned their Creamtone and foolishly sold it.  You don't see any of their stuff come up on the used market for a reason outside of their apparent scarcity.  These LOVE being pushed and boosted.  There's a certain characteristic to their tone that I haven't been able to get elsewhere - a really saturated tightness with velvety mids that doesn't get out of control or sloppy.

Same deal with the little Tumnus - sounds like a slightly tweaked 808 and sounds amazing run into it.  I keep the 808 near the end of the OD pedals for a final mid-lift for solos.  Not sure I need that with the sweet midboost function on my amp.  I HATED these types of circuits (clean tone mixed into the OD tone), but am glad I took another chance!  The latest tweaks to my amp really allowed all the ODs on the front end to melt into the circuit and become one with the amp.  The whole amp, with no fx on, feels alive in my hands. Makes the strings feel buttery smooth under the fingers.  It's just a whole new world with this current pedal board now.

The Tone Press - wow.  What an incredible parallel compressor.  Very transparent.  I have it set so it's just on - just noticeable and it really

Now that I've added a master volume to my amp, I don't think I really need this EP booster.  It wil stay on the board in case I'm traveling and can't bring my head.  It'll put a hurting on any amp that has a high-headroom inut stage.  Otherwise, it'll stay as the final tone shaper on my board with the dial left on "0", which provides 3bd of clean boost for stepping out when needed.

Ah, the Dude.  I have to come back to him.  He's awesome at low-mid gain settings.  Really chewy Dumble-ish tone.  Doesn't really sound like anything else on my board, but gets kinda close hence the overlap comment.  Great pedal for mild OD.  I find it can get a little too compessed at higher gain settings, but that's some people's bag.  I know it was mine for a long time.

The Diamond Delay does a really impressive analog/tapish delay with murky repeats.  I keep mine set on dotted 8ths for lead/rhythm work.

The Nemesis is just freakishly amazing and useful.  It's got some great sounds right out of the box and a decent app/os interface for deeper editing.  I use this for spacey things, though it does digital and tape stuff like nobody's business. It just does everything perfectly, actually.  The size is impressive for its capabilities.  It destroyed the new Boss DD500 and managed to kick my old Gigadelay off the board.  That's quite the feat.

EFAA5352-C535-4FFB-BFFB-5E053EA72DB9_zpsmzinqcsd.jpg

The pedalboard for my bass rig has gone through several incarnations, but I think I finally have it right.  I play bass in a cover band, so I like to have a variety of tones, and  I don't like tweaking between songs.

In signal flow order:

PRA WiC wireless
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR bass compressor
Source Audio programmable EQ
AmpTweaker Tight Drive
Pike Amplification Vulcan bass overdrive
MXR Bass Overdrive
Boss Noise Suppressor
Boss Super Shifter
TC Electronics Corona Chorus
MXR Bass Chorus
TC Electronics Vortex Flanger
Hotone XTomp.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    922.1 KB · Views: 462
Here's my board:

Boss TU2>Hungry Robot FZ fuzz>Hungry Robot HG+LG dual drive>Lehle Mono Volume>MXR 6band EQ>MXR Carbon Copy Delay>Empress Tape Delay>Mr. Black Supermoon Chrome reverb>Cusack Tap-A-Whirl tremolo

fuUkD6t.jpg

Thanks! Nope not in the order of appearance, the order is above the picture; tuner + dirt first into my amp, then volume, eq, and the rest in the effects loop

My board looks a bit different from yours  :laughing7: :icon_thumright:

I wondered because the tuner seemed to be in the middle of the chain, which can make them act crazy.

My 'board doesn't do any signal processing, so it looks kinda bland. The switch guys aren't as flamboyant as the SFX guys are about their packaging :laughing7:

Here is mine:

Signal Path:

Wireless receiver => LS2 IN (LS2 in A+Bmix/Bypass mode) / LS2 Send A => M5 => Green Rhino => LS2 Return A / LS2 Send/Return B Empty (clean blend) / LS2 Out => Compressor

Minimal, but easy to carry and does not take space in tiny stages, and so on covers all my needs.

Attachments

• 20170618_211601_HDR.jpg
    20170618_211601_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 416
fdesalvo said:
The Nemesis is just freakishly amazing and useful.  It's got some great sounds right out of the box and a decent app/os interface for deeper editing.  I use this for spacey things, though it does digital and tape stuff like nobody's business. It just does everything perfectly, actually.  The size is impressive for its capabilities.  It destroyed the new Boss DD500 and managed to kick my old Gigadelay off the board.  That's quite the feat.

EFAA5352-C535-4FFB-BFFB-5E053EA72DB9_zpsmzinqcsd.jpg

10 points to Gryffindor for the Nemesis Delay.

I think you and I would be friends.  :icon_thumright:

Back