Should the bridge look like this? (hipshot tremolo on strat body)

I don't know if there was a question in there. 

That bridge, the Wilkinson, and the American Standard are interchangeable as you know, but that refers to the studs and alignment.  If you got a recessed Wilkinson route, I'd put the Wilkinson on there if the recessed part being visible bothers you.  Since the Hipshot bridge doesn't even fit in the recess, it makes the route superfluous.  Just put a Wilky on it and call it good.

Yeah, i've already decided to get a new trem. Do you guys have an opinion on what trem is good quality trem, that doesn't cost a whole lot of money, and would fit in this routing?

hmmm lucky I see this, I've been thinking about getting the hipshot trem with the recessed wilkinson rout ... maybe the flat hipshot would fit the recess?

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=190

I don't exactly know if the flat model will fit, but I'm pretty certain I'm going to get a vs100n from stewmac, unless someone can find where to get a vs400.

Just got the vs401 trem, and the problem seems to be better than before. You can see a little bit of the routing itself still, but much better than the hipshot.

4291355089_c0c5eb760d.jpg

4292097834_095bc9745c.jpg

4291358885_5b7b5c246d.jpg

Orpheo has the hipshot with a recessed wilky routing, and it seems to work great for him... ???

Back