Should i start a new project?

leftyflip10

ok i was just wondering how many guitars people have built from Warmoth and how satasfied you are with your builds.i want to build me a left handed soloist with a KWS neck and an Original Floyd Rose.i was wondering if anyone have done this combo and if your satasfied bout it.also,if i order everything from Warmoth,will everything just be drop-in items or is there some work that needs to be done.

You'll have to drill holes for pickup ring screws, the little tuner guide hole screws, strap pegs, jack plate, pickguard, control cavity plates, truss rod cover. I think that's it. Everything else would be drilled already. You may have to do a small amount of sanding of the neck pocket if it's too tight for the neck to fit (I didn't have to). I had to sand the inside of the tuner holes just a little. You can have Warmoth install the posts for the bridge, or do it yourself. I've heard that some people have had to either shim the FR locking nut or sand down the wood shelf a bit to get the action right. You may need a tech or luthier to do that, depending on how handy you are. Also there's the pickup wiring.

Should you start a new project?
Should you build the best guitar you have played up to this point?
Should you learn about wiring, setup, construction, and how to work with your hands to create the instrument of your dreams?

I think that the answer is pretty obvious. :icon_biggrin:

mayfly said:
Should you start a new project?
Should you build the best guitar you have played up to this point?
Should you learn about wiring, setup, construction, and how to work with your hands to create the instrument of your dreams?

I think that the answer is pretty obvious. :icon_biggrin:
+1

With any project there are tolerances and specs involved.  Even if you're using a similar platform between companies, things rarely just drop right into place.  After all, it's the tweaking and the little details that separates a nice guitar from your Number One.  It's a godsend to have the ability to recreate it what you like, to your own personal standards.

I've been satisfied with quality of Warmoth parts.  The fretwork and finishes are top notch.

I have one , i built a strat , I have owned 2 fender strats and this warmoth strat
is 100 times better!
I am contimplating a Les Paul style build next.

Back