Short Music For Short Attention Spans

Verne Bunsen

No, it isn't another great Fat Wreck Chords compilation, it is a collection of the small musical pieces and ideas that I have developed over the last few years for the purpose of exploring and comparing the sounds of new guitars, pickups and effects. Without ever intending it, they have come to comprise a "body of work" that I am kind of proud of. Unfortunately they have been difficult to share because they are all housed in collections of the same piece being played repeatedly, all with inspiring and nearly identical titles like "Nashville - Revel MOJO - Bridge + Neck (Series - Out-Of-Phase) (Clean)". So in the interest of making them more listenable and accessible, for myself and for anyone who happens to have an interest, I've taken my favorite instance of each of those pieces and put them together in a single collection. It's 21 tracks, but it only takes about 10 minutes to listen to the whole thing  :laughing7: Since the developing, practicing, playing and recording was already done, the hardest part has been coming up with proper track titles. Some of them have always produced very specific imagery for me and were therefore pretty easy. Others... well, others are still titled "Untitled"  :doh: (Work in progress).

Listening to them again in this context, there are a few that I would really like to flesh out into full songs. I'm going to have to figure out how to cross that 1:00 mark....

At any rate, should you be interested, please enjoy Short Music For Short Attention Spans!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/vb-tunes/sets/short-music[/soundcloud]

There's a lot of potential in those clips. You could have some nice songs if you built on some of them.

Thanks. I agree, and bringing them to a more “fully realized” state will require some new thinking for me. Which is exciting. It will also require me to sit down and re-learn how the heck I played them, haha!

Excellent stuff there, performed brilliantly.
I've got a name suggestion for "Untitled 10" : "Along the Mountain Trail".
:eek:ccasion14:

Logrinn said:
Excellent stuff there, performed brilliantly.
I've got a name suggestion for "Untitled 10" : "Along the Mountain Trail".
:eek:ccasion14:

Thank you! Your suggestion sparked something, I mulled on it all night. (I’m working nights, so this is not a bad thing  :laughing7: ) When I got back to the room this morning I grabbed the Danelectro and started remembering how to play the track, and thinking of a journey along a mountain trail, and after a while I found myself remembering (warning: highly geeky material ahead) Gimli as he, joined by Frodo, set eyes on Mirrormere, the sacred mountain lake, after the party (minus one...) escaped the mines of Moria. It is a bittersweet moment, and Gimli laments that he must hasten away while Gandalf remains eternally. So, with your inspiration, I dub the track “There Lies The Mirrormere”.

One never knows from whence inspiration will come.
Excellent pieces by the way. :icon_thumright:

Back