Shipping question.

Warheart87

First of all greetings to all of you!

A few weeks ago I made my first ever order from Warmoth consisting of a custom neck, body and hardware.
This morning I picked up a beautiful neck but was very surprised the body and hardware didn't arrive.
They state themselves that they ship them all at once. I used USPS which shipped my items from US to Sweden in just 9 days, but I fear the other items have gone missing? :dontknow:

Has anyone experienced Warmoth shipping items separetly?

Regards, Dan!

Well from what i remember of mine, The neck came in its own box, possibly with the tuners in that box.
And the Body came in its own box with i believe most of the hardware i had ordered in a compartment in that box, Possibly with the tuners aswell.
Did you have a despatch notice from warmoth stating what had been despatched already?
And was the neck a showcase item or custom order? and what about the body?

I believe mine came seperately, but i can't be sure as it is a year or so ago now and i was away at uni at the time of shipping.

Hello and welcome Warheart87,

good thing you ordered stuff from Warmoth. Maybe just try to call them up and ask if they sent both of items together. Maybe the neck was finished faster and the paint on the body has to dry first.

With me both came at the same day and both are very lovely.

What about the specifications on your order?
What is the body wood and laminate, what type of color did you choose, body type........
The neck: is it a raw wood neck or one that needs paint on it......

We would like to see pics as well, we all love pics a lot.

Bye and enjoy your neck, even though it's not on a body yet....
JULIA

Have a look at your shipping notice .....

Will say if it was 1 or 2 boxs also look at the weight on that notice too.

Usually if it was 1 complete order, they send when all is ready.
If you place as 2 orders, will get one then the other.

BTW    Welcome  :icon_biggrin:

Warmoth notified me when the item was shipped but didn't provide much info, they just said ''A package has been sent to you, etc etc'' and gave me a trackingnumber. When the package got to Sweden a weight of 1.2kg(3lbs) showed up when I tracked it. Then I thought that it's probably just the neck that has been shipped, which was confirmed today. Both the neck and the body are custom orders not showcase. The body is alder and the neck is maple/ebony. :headbang:

And yeah it was 1 complete order. And also the body is unfinished while the neck got a nitro satin finish but still arrived first. On the shipping notice it sais quantity 1 so I guess the rest hasn't been shipped yet. But I think it's strange they didn't ship everything together. Oh well, I'm just getting impatient. Tell you the truth I've been impatient since I made the order, you know how it is haha!

Pics will ofcourse show up, but probably when I have recieved everything!

Even though they are in separate boxes and have the same info on the shipping labels and go on the truck at the same time when picked up from Warmoth, they do have separate tracking scanning labels applied to each of them, and are usually separated while sorting at the shipping terminal (UPS, USPS, Etc...)  Sometimes it's so they can pack the outbound trucks with greater efficiency.

Alright, and they still have the same trackingnumber? Since I have picked up the neck it makes it impossible to track the rest, if lets say that now have been shipped too.

Thanks for the help.

At that point, I would contact Warmoth directly.
Don't leave any more to speculation, find out directly from them to put your mind at ease.

My experience in being presumptious has backfired on me on more than one occasion.

Really hope that things got sorted out regarding this topic.

I'm sorry for the off topic, but I've got a question about the shipping and since I'm from Sweden as well... :) I'm thinking about ordering a couple of things from Warmoth in a not to distant future but I'm concerned about the shipping costs. First there is the actual shipping cost which I'll pay to Warmoth I guess, but then I've heard that I'll need to pay like 25% of the value in taxes when the things get to Sweden. Am I getting it right?

Or as I can put it in my native language:

Hallojsan!
Ja, undrar alltså vad det är som gäller med fraktkostnader och skatter och den biten. Har verkligen noll koll, men jag har hört att det läggs till 25%, alltså momsen då antar jag? Kan vara bra att veta, bara så man inte ovetandes beställer för 4000 spänn och så kommer räkningen på 5000, så att säga...
Tackar på förhand!

:)

An easy way to determine shipping costs is to load up your shopping cart and begin checkout.  Look at the bottom of the checkout page and you'll see a little shipping estimator.

As far as your country clearance charges go, it depends on your shipping method and what your country actually charges.  This is outside of Warmoth's control.  Best to contact UPS in Sweden.

Wyliee said:
An easy way to determine shipping costs is to load up your shopping cart and begin checkout. 
Look at the bottom of the checkout page and you'll see a little shipping estimator.
Yeah .... thats what I do  :icon_thumright: ..... But I end up hitting the pay now button  :doh:

For us in Australia, we can spend up to $1,000 on goods.
Before we get any other charges added on by your custom agents  :evil4:
(Thats not including the shipping) which isn't included into the goods price.

Every country will be different in some way.

Since our aussie $$$ have been great against the US $$$ for the past year or two.  :icon_biggrin:

It's spend, spend, spend  :blob7: ....... thanks Warmoth, my poor card is getting hammered  :doh:

Wyliee said:
As far as your country clearance charges go, it depends on your shipping method and what your country actually charges.  This is outside of Warmoth's control.  Best to contact UPS in Sweden.

Yeah, guess you're right. I'll see what I can find.

Back