Seymour Duncan Sh-8 vs DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell

Since most of us don't know product codes, I googled SH-8 to find it's the Invader.
A good clean sound would most likely be sourced from a more vintage 'lower power' pickup than either of those.

The "Humbucker from Hell" is named such that you'd expect it to be a high-output screamer, but it's actually described and categorized by DiMarzio as a vintage-output pup.  I haven't played one, but that's the word from their website, anyhoo.  If you're deciding between those two pickups only, you'll probably want to go with the HFH for the neck.

I didn't know that about the Humbucker From Hell.
Guess it's a touch like the George Lynch Screamin' Demon.  The name is nastier than the pickup.

In that case I'd suggest the DiMarzio over the Duncan.

I believe the HFH has that name because of the sound it makes in bridge position (they made it explicitly to be a very bright and clear neck pickup).

More product codes? SH-13 = Dimebucker.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.
Humbuckers should fit in a humbucker route.

I use an invader in the neck position.  It's actually a very useful pickup.  I have it setup to split the coils to help clean it up a bit.

rob

ArifSondani said:
well Im sorry for the unclear question :laughing7:
I mean, could it be a perfect mate with SH-13 Dimebucker?

You would get a bit of a volume-drop when switching from the SH-13 to the DP-156.

The DP-156 has a vintage Gibson output, but with lots of "treble".

Yes, it would work, Kind'a like the Duncan JB/Jazz combo, but the Dimebucker is a lot hotter than the JB.

In fact, someone suggested that the Dimebucker is a copy of the Bill Lawrence L-500XL.

I've had the Humbucker from Hell, and for the neck position, it's one of the sweetest all around neck pickups.  Doesn't quite have the quack that the S.D. 59' has, but it has absolutely wonderful clarity, very articulate, very dynamic.  As said earlier, it is not an overwound pickup in the slightest bit.  It's more like a full sized humbucker with some very "single coil" characteristics.  It's extremely versatile, probably one of the most versatile of all of Dimarzio's lineup along with the PAF Pro. 

I currently use the Evolution Bridge on my 6 & 7 stringers, but I'm using a lower output (7k) custom handwound locally J.C.A. pickup on my Baritone, and will likely switch out my others as well.  The lower output pickups seem to have more character, dynamics than the overwounds.

Back