Seafoam Rocker (-a nod to Harris and Sheehan)

Day-mun

Couldn't help myself when I saw a P-bass bod in seafoam green pop up on the showcase. Then, when this flame maple/rosewood T-bass neck turned up in the screamin' deals (-thank mother nature for "beauty marks"), it seemed like fate, so...

-Mostly put together, this mad-man has SS6105's, the wider P-bass nut width, alder body, and chrome vintage style hardware. -Still waitin' for the SD Steve Harris model P-bass pickup (-been back-ordered for over a month), but should be in some time next week. Thought Sheehan's "wife" looked cool with the T-style headstock, so I thought it would make a good tribute to crown this rocker with that feature.

Attachments

• DSCN2067.JPG
    DSCN2067.JPG
    296 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN2069.JPG
    DSCN2069.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN2071.JPG
    DSCN2071.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 12
Seafoam is one of the coolest solid finishes for a traditional Fender build.  :icon_thumright:

-Totally agree!!!

But, for some reason, it's not a color ya see surfacing any too often in the P-bass section of the showcase, so I thought I'd better jump on it!  :laughing7:

It'll be a very complementary black sheep to my otherwise fretless bass family.  :cool01:

BTW, fretless, the 3M tape did great. -Got a nice tight seal around the fret ends; -no leak-by onto the face of the 'board when I applied the finish.  :icon_thumright:

Day-mun said:
BTW, fretless, the 3M tape did great. -Got a nice tight seal around the fret ends; -no leak-by onto the face of the 'board when I applied the finish.  :icon_thumright:

That's the stuff ! Sticky but yet peels right off without a mess .  :glasses10:

UglyCasanova said:
Good stuff! Really like your choice of headstock  :glasses9:

Good stuff indeed! The body's color didn't really translate in the pics though, -looks more like Daphne Blue than some sort of green... I'll get some better pics in the gallery when she's done.

It was chance, really; This neck popped up on screamin' deals, -I'm guessing 'cuz of the little beauty mark on the back  (shown in the second pic of original post), and so it actually chose me. (-I really gotta chill-out on checking the showcase!  :help:)

...Pickup shipment delay: stuck in a distro center somewhere in Ohio.  :sad:

Oh well, patience is a virtue and the finished product will be worth the wait.  :guitaristgif:

-Actually, that isn't why I posted; -jus' doin' my part to bury the weird thread about injured athletes and cheap jerseys.  :laughing7:

The Steve Harris split-coil has arrived.  :guitaristgif: Pics on a new thread in the gallery in just a few...

Day-mun said:
The Steve Harris split-coil has arrived.  :guitaristgif: Pics on a new thread in the gallery in just a few...

and a full cover of Phantom of the Opera

Back