Seafoam Green Farmoth PartsCaster

fdesalvo

Here's the latest build.  By chance, I scored a new 2015 Fender American Standard RW/Map neck with OEM locking Schallers.  Couldn't pass it up.  I'll include a shot of the guitar wearing my Tele's maple neck - very 50's!

Body:
Chambered Alder in Seafoam Green (wow very, very lively resonance with rich bottom end and nice presence.  Rings like an acoustic.  Hit the f-hole cavity with Tru Oil to add a more amber contrast.)
Parchment furniture
New Fender American Vintage Trem with Callaham block and saddles, decked and set to dive only.
2 x Bare Knuckles 59 Slab Board singlecoils
1 x Bare Knuckles Abraxas

I'm wondering if the glory days of Warmoth are over.  The last 3 bodies I've ordered had really disappointing finishing flaws and two of them had to be returned.  I'd have sent this one back, but I'm tired of the process.  Just appeared rushed.  Can't really blame them given the demand on them as of late, but given what I've spent, I'm disappointed.  On this one, a few of the routed control cavities have untainted edges.  Sure, it'll be covered up, but for the price we pay, I'd expect better.  Also, the inner edge of the F-hole wasn't sanded - I mean the cap of the body - not the inner/bottom edge of the route.  They sprayed right over splinters.  It would've taken 30 seconds to smooth it down with some 220.

9F51B045-ABCF-4C11-9420-AB9FCE9F7D82_zpsawmrv8e9.jpg

Diggin the 60s look.  Fender did an amazing job with this neck; I forgot that they can put a good one together.  The modern C is very comfy.  I was nervous it would be a hand-cramper, but not in the least.  The rolled edges of the FB combined with the 9.5" radius are just magical.  This neck is "loud" and resonant.  I was expecting the Biflex system to impart a modern and metallic tone, but it's got a sweet vibe.

79213BCE-6C91-490A-8B70-71217376BA3E_zpsavbvccui.jpg

C5561A22-9477-49D2-B15B-7EDAF8F52998_zpslfikaevr.jpg

2AB31AE6-6B7D-423F-A144-AA88AEA1D221_zpspjxt2sgi.jpg

8961FAE3-B184-4C03-8C95-6D0B397920D3_zpsudb0deht.jpg

That's beautiful Frank. You fixed everything wrong with a Strat. The F-hole is a classy touch. :party07:

Hahaha. I thought about making an off color comment along the lines of that being my wife's nickname but I didn't want to be tacky.

That's pretty hot! Might have to buy a seafoam green body to put this white pick guard I having laying around on. :eek:ccasion14:

Looks great, Frank...can't deny the classic undeniable appeal of a seafoam strat! You just may have edged me in that direction--I do have an unattached  tremelo arm sitting around somewhere...I consider that an acceptable platform for a new build, no? 

Hey I once built an amp because of a $15 set of tube sockets I had lying about!  Can't have spare parts collecting dust!

Here's the guitar a couple Sundays ago. My scratch build 3x10 amp looks on from within its plexi cube.

http://

Back