Scams never end...

TroubledTreble

Boy oh boy. You would think folks are now webwise and don't try the email scams from Africa anymore. Nope! It just goes on and on. Here is one I just received to buy some pickups. I can't even make sense of it.  :tard:

I like the name "Becky Diana", it's so.. American :laughing3:

Hello,
How are you doing there,I'm Becky Diana ,
Am  interested in buying your item listed above(musical instruments) and i would like to
know if its still available because i will like to make an instant purchase,so pls do
respond back to me with the Amount of your Item. so that will can start making the
arrangement for payment. I will also like you to know that i will be  paying (CHECK OR
MONEY ORDER cashiers checks..... as your payment due to the distance .Regarding
the shipping,You do not have to bother yourself for the shipping cos I'llcoming for
any(musical instruments) you sell for me (i supply every musical instruments) so
anyone you have with me i like to know it..so after payment i will come down to pickup
my self. i use to supply around  canada, asia, us, and africa country....but now am in
nigeria west africa...
as soon as you receive the payment  in your name or your company name... cash it as
your payment after your payment i will like you to keep the goods for me till i will come
back to us in 5 to 7days to pickup the goods from you...am very busy here now with my
client.so i want you to get your payment befor i come back to us..its my client that i sell
some of my goods to going to make the payment for you......
..**Once again ,its my client sending the payment to you cash it as your payment..
nice doing business with you i like to know much about you if you care......
Becky..

"so that will can start making the arrangement for payment."  Engrish is always a bad sign. 

Every time I put an ad on craigslist for anything, I get replies like this.  They always want me to take money out of a big check and send them a money order for the rest.  I love emailing them back though, cause it's always good fun to tell a scammer to shove it.

ANY reply which makes no specific reference to the actual thing I'm selling (i.e., I'm very interested in the above-named item...) always goes straight to spam, and my real email or phone never goes into the Craigslist ad. Just common sense.

If they're going to the trouble to pick up those items in person, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to pay for them in cash.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The grammar and spelling isn't always an indicator.  Sometimes it's proof they are American.  But yes, scam written all over it.

Spelling and grammar, no.  Sentences that don't even make sense, usually.

hannaugh said:
[Spelling and grammar, no.  Sentences that don't even make sense, usually.

I'll have to copy and paste from some other forums filled with EMO-loving, non-spelling, non-punctuating teens.  I'll read a whole paragraph with no punctuation and no capitalization.  I have to guess where sentences begin and end, and at the end of it can't tell if it was a question or statement.

hannaugh said:
The grammar and spelling isn't always an indicator.  Sometimes it's proof they are American.  But yes, scam written all over it.

Spelling and grammar, no.  Sentences that don't even make sense, usually.

So I'm a walking scam :laughing7:

Ah yes, people who write in text-ese.  That is difficult to understand, but Engrish is a whole other category:

toilet-beard-know.jpg

It's a real bad sign if they're mixed together though.

hannaugh said:
[Spelling and grammar, no.  Sentences that don't even make sense, usually.

I'll have to copy and paste from some other forums filled with EMO-loving, non-spelling, non-punctuating teens.  I'll read a whole paragraph with no punctuation and no capitalization.  I have to guess where sentences begin and end, and at the end of it can't tell if it was a question or statement.

One of the funniest things I've seen / experienced in a long long time

http://youmakemetouchyourhandsforstupidreasons.ytmnd.com/

ITS NOT JUST TEENS WHO FORGET PUNCTUATION MY MOTHER IN LAW NEVER USES PUNCTUATION IN A TEXT MESSAGE ON TOP OF THAT SHE PUTS EVERYTHING IN ALL CAPS FINALLLY SHE DOESNT LOOK AT WHAT SHES TYPING SHE JUST RELIES ON THE T9 VOCABTJPW

nathana said:
One of the funniest things I've seen / experienced in a long long time

http://youmakemetouchyourhandsforstupidreasons.ytmnd.com/

That one is great - forgot about it. Had to add that to my radio station. :icon_thumright:

Engrish must include a line about holding money for someone, something about money orders, or something saying you won a European lottery to be a scam.  Engrish by itself is just (usually) the Japanese using English words as a design element and not bothering to get it double checked by someone who is actually fluent in the language... like this:

babys-fanny.jpg

It makes me wonder about when stuff in America has Chinese and Japanese writing on it.  I bet we do the same thing, but we don't put it on everything like the Japanese do with English.

My idiot friend got a tattoo in Arabic and one in Sanskrit.  She told me "It means peace," and I said "yes... or goat mustard."  She's Irish anyways, so it just makes her look like a total tool in my opinion.

NonsenseTele said:
So I'm a walking scam :laughing7:

Context man.  No you're not a walking scam.  Like I said before, even when I don't know what you're saying, I know what you mean.

I said about the nonsense talking :laughing7:

I lived in Japan for quite a while. Plenty of great signs and what not.
Once we were at a party and somebody's friend was visiting and went to show off his new tattoo with Chinese characters on it.
We were all like, "why do you have the word "dog" tattooed on your bicep?" and he goes, ah, that's what that means! I had no idea. Same situation (Engrish) in reverse except it requires surgery to remove. Any Chinese or Japanese person at any alternative rock show in the US will have quite a few chuckles at the tats these days.

I guy I work with, used to work (many years ago) at a Japanese bank here in the UK.  He went out with some visiting Japanese colleagues, got somewhat inebriated.  They decided it would be a great idea to get tatoos. He wanted to get some Japanese writing on his leg.  He wanted Peace, Love and Hope (or someting like that),  his Japanese friends helped him out with the wording.  He ended up with 'Woman, Mouse House'.

Brilliant.

Back