Royal Enfield Interceptor twin

swarfrat said:
Last time I had a motorcycle was just before the smart phone/touch screen explosion. NWIH I'd do it no, especially since I have a young kid.

Texting and driving is why I sold all of my motorcycles. I always tried to ride defensively, but when cars started randomly swerving into oncoming traffic I couldn't see a defense to that.

Mayfly said:
...In the end I was done in by someone deciding to make a u-turn across 4 lanes of traffic....
Glad you made it through that in one piece, most do not. I had a friend die a few years back from a collision with a pickup. Truck was going in the opposite direction, made a left turn right in front of him. RIP, Dave.

But, from what I'm told by those who should know, Dave was known to travel way in excess of the speed limit, and weave in and out of lane without so much as a glance in his mirrors. A number of mutual "biker" friends said they would not ride with him, because they didn't want to watch him die. At the end, he was riding alone....

I'm 63 and still a biker. Sold my car 3 years ago.
The Enfield doesn't have a kickstart and it has fuel injection so I won't be buying one.
However, if you fancy a Norton they too are bringing out a sensible twin quite soon.
All my motorcycles are firmly 20th Century, just like my guitars!

God forbid but some of the electric bikes are beginning to look interesting...

Electric bikes? Well, I learned something today, never even thought of such a thing. Went googling, and found the Zero S, sure ain't no Prius!  :eek:

Yep, zero motorcycles makes some pretty nice looking machines.  Sat on one recently - the lack of a clutch lever on the left handlebar is a bit freaky...

Back