RIP Billy Powell

That sucks. Lynyrd Skynyrd was the band that got me into classic rock about 5 or 6 years ago.
Before I started listening to them, I did listen to the good old stuff, but I didn't know it at all.

One of my friends turned on Sweet Home Alabama, and I liked it. I collected some more LS cd's that Christmas, and learned the names of the songs. Then moved on to learning the stories behind the band and songs. Kinda grew from there, and after the Beatles, the next big find for me was Led Zeppelin, when a friend lent my a CD to play at my birthday.

Aww, that's too bad. I saw them live maybe four years ago, the 'new' Skynyrd, the political, even more hick-ish Skynyrd. But they still put on a good show and I was real excited to see Billy and Gary Rossington still going at it.  :eek:ccasion14: Here's to one bluesy piano.

Wow, is it just me or does it seems that a lot of good musicians are checking out lately?

RIP Billy  :sad:

Blue313 said:
Wow, is it just me or does it seems that a lot of good musicians are checking out lately?

RIP Billy  :sad:

A lot of good musicians are reaching that age. I know he hasn't done much of note recently, but I am still really dreading the day the Jimmy Page dies. He was THE influence on me picking up the guitar.

RIP Billy.

I got to meet him only once.  Back when I worked the front desk at a hotel, they were staying during their tour.  I mailed a letter for him, and talked to him for a bit.

So sad, so young.

erik

Back