Rhythm in jump. dancing close to you!

Blue313 said:
I was thinking the bridge might have originated in the far east. 

Well, DUH!!! I'd buy one, were I looking for a cheap Floyd. There are no end of $50 "Licensed Floyd Rose" knock-off (not really legitimately licensed) bridges available on eBay, at least this knock-off artist is honest. "Rhythm in jump. dancing close to you" will fit into the same space as "Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents" or similar verbiage usually on these things....

jackthehack said:
Blue313 said:
I was thinking the bridge might have originated in the far east. 

Well, DUH!!! I'd buy one, were I looking for a cheap Floyd. There are no end of $50 "Licensed Floyd Rose" knock-off (not really legitimately licensed) bridges available on eBay, at least this knock-off artist is honest. "Rhythm in jump. dancing close to you" will fit into the same space as "Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents" or similar verbiage usually on these things....

I was just trying to respond to dbw there Jack.  Due to its possible origin, the saying may have lost it's meaning due to its translation into English.

Sorry, I'll try to be more specific next time.

Wow, that was a long, strange trip.  It's half funny and half sad.  It reminds me of when I was in school, how there was always that kid who just made up bizarre lies that they couldn't back up, and no matter how thoroughly you obliterated their claims with logic, they wouldn't stop making up ludicrous crap. 

I actually wonder - the bad grammar, the texting writing style, the photoshop renditions of guitars, and the imagination - I wonder if he's a 10 year old who's dad made him that guitar.  I bet his dad is pissed that he sold it if so  :icon_biggrin:

In some ways I hope that's the case.  Otherwise, "Devries Custom Guitars" isn't going to see much business anymore.  :laughing7:

dbw said:
jackthehack said:
The fine "Rhythm in jump. dancing close to you!" Floyds can be had on eBay for about U.S. $53....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390036336695&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=230328601143&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D41

God, he doesn't even say that's what they are.  You have to squint at the pics to see it.  How did you find that, Jack?  And what the f*ck does "Rhythm in jump. dancing close to you!" mean anyway??

It's like when you go to Chinatown and there are stores that are called "Nice Book For Enjoy Life" and "Super H Mart Make You Happy".  Ahh, the joys of Engrish.

hannaugh said:
dbw said:
jackthehack said:
The fine "Rhythm in jump. dancing close to you!" Floyds can be had on eBay for about U.S. $53....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390036336695&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=230328601143&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D41

God, he doesn't even say that's what they are.  You have to squint at the pics to see it.  How did you find that, Jack?  And what the f*ck does "Rhythm in jump. dancing close to you!" mean anyway??

It's like when you go to Chinatown and there are stores that are called "Nice Book For Enjoy Life" and "Super H Mart Make You Happy".  Ahh, the joys of Engrish.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Blue313 said:
In some ways I hope that's the case.  Otherwise, "Devries Custom Guitars" isn't going to see much business anymore.  :laughing7:

I know, right?  If he had just STFU he would probably have a few orders dribbling in... some people seemed actually interested at first.  But he's managed to destroy his own credibility completely, culminating in a devastatingly embarrassing series of YouTube videos.  He'll never sell one again... those Aussies who bought it and made the videos are geniuses :)

Blue313 said:
It's too bad they took down the other thread.  It was started on the 18th and was already over thirty pages long.   They're bandwidth probably blew up as the story spread.

What happened in the second thread?  Did the guy try to defend himself after they posted the videos, or did he finally stop after that?

hannaugh said:
Blue313 said:
It's too bad they took down the other thread.  It was started on the 18th and was already over thirty pages long.   They're bandwidth probably blew up as the story spread.

What happened in the second thread?  Did the guy try to defend himself after they posted the videos, or did he finally stop after that?

I was wondering the same - I also wondered if he backs up his claim about metallica and gnr playing his guitars on one of the pages I skipped.

Seeing how Metallica/G'n'R ALREADY have contracts with major manufacturers, any claim of that ilk is obviously bullshit...

jackthehack said:
Seeing how Metallica/G'n'R ALREADY have contracts with major manufacturers, any claim of that ilk is obviously bullshite...
I may not have access to their exact contract language, but I also can't see him back that one up.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to see if he was coming on the boards to defend himself.  I was only halfway through the last thread when it got yanked.

Oh man, too bad.  I'm so curious now.

The whole story would make a hilarious movie.  It would be like Ed Wood, but about guitars instead of film making.  It would be called "Rhythm in Jump: the Story of DeVries Guitars".

That. Was. Amazing.

Someone here should make a good guitar based on his shape :p
And I see Warmoth was recognized in that thread. Unfortunately Davrie or whatever called it Warmouth.

Blue313 said:
jackthehack said:
Seeing how Metallica/G'n'R ALREADY have contracts with major manufacturers, any claim of that ilk is obviously bullshitee...
I may not have access to their exact contract language, but I also can't see him back that one up.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to see if he was coming on the boards to defend himself.  I was only halfway through the last thread when it got yanked.

Typically and minimally you are not allowed to do anything that could in anyway be construed by even the most tortured shyster's logic to be an "endorsement", which in more than one case that I'm aware of include not being seen in public playing a guitar from another manufacturer. Trivia Quiz: Name a favorite tune in which someone that has a contract is OBVIOUSLY playing another manufacturer's axe in the studio, but never seen doing so on stage... (Hint: Gibson vs. Fender)

Hmm, Jimmy Page played the Stairway solo on a Telecaster in the studio.  But I don't think he was endorsing Gibson at the time...

I guess I give up  :icon_scratch:

jackthehack said:
Blue313 said:
jackthehack said:
Seeing how Metallica/G'n'R ALREADY have contracts with major manufacturers, any claim of that ilk is obviously bullshiteee...

Typically and minimally you are not allowed to do anything that could in anyway be construed by even the most tortured shyster's logic to be an "endorsement", which in more than one case that I'm aware of include not being seen in public playing a guitar from another manufacturer. Trivia Quiz: Name a favorite tune in which someone that has a contract is OBVIOUSLY playing another manufacturer's axe in the studio, but never seen doing so on stage... (Hint: Gibson vs. Fender)

I have seen bits and pieces of that Metallica documentary, and they seem to play gibsons and fenders in the studio rather than ESPs.

I also wonder how Zakk Wylde is getting away with a sponsorship from both Gibson and Dean (Dean isn't owned by Gibson, right?)
If I am not mistaken, I have seen that butt ugly SG/V hybrid from both brands!

Back