Reverse single hum Velocity! My first Warmoth, too.

ewrath

Hi - just thought I could share this nice guitar with you guys. It's my first Warmoth - assembled for me by Seth Mayer at California Vintage Guitar in Van Nuys, CA. Inspired by my satin black single hum Jackson Soloist

Alder body from the discount tab on website. Roasted maple neck I purchased over a year go for another (still pending) project..
Kerry King Kahler and a Mike Morin modded early 80's SD Custom pick round it out. Plays and sounds fantastic. And less than half the price of the Jackson!

Attachments

• IMG_20170928_075533 RZ.jpg
    IMG_20170928_075533 RZ.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_20170927_195620 RZ.jpg
    IMG_20170927_195620 RZ.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_20170927_195659 rz.jpg
    IMG_20170927_195659 rz.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_20170927_195647 rz.jpg
    IMG_20170927_195647 rz.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_20170927_195514 rz.jpg
    IMG_20170927_195514 rz.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_20170927_195437 RZ.jpg
    IMG_20170927_195437 RZ.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_20170927_195259 rz.jpg
    IMG_20170927_195259 rz.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 1,445
  • IMG_20170927_195556 rz.jpg
    IMG_20170927_195556 rz.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 458
A SHRED MACHINE if I ever saw one.  :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:
Nice! :icon_thumright:

Very cool, looks like it'll kick some a$$! Half the price of a Jackson, and I bet it plays just as well, or better!  :headbang:

Simplicity embodied.  Very nice choices all around.  Get out there and rock out wit' yer c*ck out!

Is that a Khaler on that. Did warmoth do the route for it. Cool basic ot the point rock axe.

Never thought of a reverse Velocity body, but it looks really cool!

exaN said:
Never thought of a reverse Velocity body, but it looks really cool!
?
:icon_scratch:
The body isn't reversed, is it?
It's the neck that's reversed surely ...

Looks good, real good.

Warmoth will route for a Kahler but will not drill the mounting holes since there are so many variations.  At least that is they way it was when I bought my soloist.

BigSteve22 said:
Very cool, looks like it'll kick some a$$! Half the price of a Jackson, and I bet it plays just as well, or better!  :headbang:

I just rocked it last night at volume finaly - yes - feels great and very similar in playability and sound to the Jackson - same wood, pick up, bridge. The roasted maple neck might actually be even nice to handle..... I'm happy!

Next up is long awaited Nomad Franken-shredder. My pal has been (slowly) assembling).... :headbang4:

Zhaezzy said:
Is that a Khaler on that. Did warmoth do the route for it. Cool basic ot the point rock axe.

Yes - Kerry King Kahler. I actually called warmoth just to double check - they wouldn't do a Kahler route for me. It body, since from sale bin, was already routed for single PU and had the back route. I could fill the back but sounds like a lot of fussing for no real benefit. I  might just put a plate on the back or not , really, who cares? I'll probably upgrade the volume knob as it was a rando one Seth had laying around. A black neck plate would be nice to, but not sure if its worth the bother.

Thanks for all the compliments - I am stoked this one turned out. With luthier charges, probably around $1300 - 1400 invested. I need a case now :(

OK....I did not realize the body had an existing route.  This is from the WARMOTH website
Kahler Tremolo Bridge Route.  Must have to be a custom build and not off the showcase.

The Kahler tremolo bridge does not require a tremolo cavity rout from the back. Warmoth does not sell this bridge though we can rout for it by special order.

Kahler Flat Mount tremolo

We do not drill the mounting holes.

DMRACO said:
OK....I did not realize the body had an existing route.  This is from the WARMOTH website
Kahler Tremolo Bridge Route.  Must have to be a custom build and not off the showcase.

The Kahler tremolo bridge does not require a tremolo cavity rout from the back. Warmoth does not sell this bridge though we can rout for it by special order.

To clarify on the process I went thru, at least for the flat top body with a flat mount Kahler, the warmoth neck angle won't allow enough clearance for a flat mount Kahler - the whole foot print of the Kahler has to be recessed a bit (determined after the neck is fitted). So you really can't do that rout until the thing is coming together. Other option is shim the neck, or, preferably, shave the neck pocket.

If its a post mounted kahler, it requires a smaller top route to give the springs clearance.

Kahler Flat Mount tremolo

We do not drill the mounting holes.

ewrath said:
...the whole foot print of the Kahler has to be recessed a bit (determined after the neck is fitted). So you really can't do that rout until the thing is coming together. Other option is shim the neck, or, preferably, shave the neck pocket...

I was looking at it and thinking it must be rebated, but decided it was maybe just the camera angles or something as it looks too clean and it would be difficult to do those sharp corners. Was that done after the finish?

Back