Red Trans Tele

simple

Staff member
Just ran across this on google and thought it was pretty cool looking:
done_redt500.jpg

Yeah, dual strap post, thats actually a trademark of a well known custom builder,( Tom Anderson ), he does that on his guitars, I've seen alot of guys copy that when making their own, I guess it balances and allows more controll of the guitar, using both as well as keeps it from tipping over when set on a floor, which frankly I see no need for other than cosmetically maybe, but I don't see myself wanting to get in the habit of proping my guitar against anything other than a stand.
But thats the gist of it.

Here it is....Tom Anderson guitars..........heres a bunch of pics......check out their many Cool pics in the guitar of the week archives at the bottom of the page, a good way to find great cosmetic Ideas for future builds.........

I actually modeled my Build on a Sadowsky guitar I saw in a gallery, Melancon is another good one.........

http://www.andersonguitars.com/cfPages/displayGOW.cfm?status=archive&theWeek=18&theYear=2004

http://www.andersonguitars.com/cfPages/displayGOW.cfm?status=archive&theWeek=9&theYear=2007

http://www.melanconguitars.com/index.shtml

I like the dual strap buttons for "feet" when a stand is not handy, Clever

Brainstorm,,,,,you seen the golf bags that have an automatic folding stand when you set down the bag? I wonder............................Nah!

John

Hey Beast, I just followed your links to the anderson site. at the bottom of his page is a link to his "guitar of the Week" page I checked out those teles on there. I gotta Tell ya man, I never thought I would say this, I just became a Tele Fan, now i gotta build one, and My wife would like a word with you :binkybaby:

One of the biggest reasons for me to like a tele is the position of the Knobs, I hate the typical strat knob location, I have a hard time muting my strings with that volume knob so close to the strings and bridge ( you notice even EVH moves his volume knows away from the typical spot)

John

Thats why I prefer Tele Knobs and switches on my Strats, they are so much easier to use, and their so big it seems to actually get in the way less, or at least I find I don't strum into them like a regular strat knob, (probably because they are so big)....I always hated Strats whimpy 5 way switch tip as well...............and the volume and tone knobs seem to fit in the pinky/palm area perfectly when you use em while jamming........
The Tele really is made to tear it up............thats why you see so many Hardcore pickers using em.........

Yeah, Im feeling better cause Im prepping my wife for my yearly build and I can see her coming around......My custom strap just got sent out to me, (that was a pretty penny) so Im breaking her in for the BIG BUY!!!  hahahahahahhahahhh :laughing7:

Prepping wife? Sage advice to you younger cats, don't marry anyone unless they have independant income streams....

This is a GOOD advice! :icon_biggrin: But the problem is still show the NECESSITY of a custom new guitar to women... They can't understand it... (but when the talk is clothes and somethings like that  :laughing3:)

Yeah, such is life with a family, though its not as bad as it sounds, to the contrary, it just means I have to put more time into the planning phase, but as I realize now, it is only to my benefit, as I get something very unique and very nice....though not as many guitars as I would like, the ones I will build will be exceptional and with the details I truely want, as I have plenty of time to make up my mind, no doubt curbing any regret or disappointment that a quick build to satisfy my immediate desires might bring....though I guess If I had the means it wouldn't matter, but patience and playing the Sh##t out of the guitars I do have can only be to my benefit, sometimes less is more. another lesson for younger cats.........

Jack,  Are you kidding me?  I been Married 19 years, almost 20, she's got a great job etc....It dont matter, she's a woman,(And I love My wife) and they are all the same, When a guy has a hobby or passion about something, the woman will always give you that " You Know Better look"

Like the time I suddenly had 4 new warmoth guitars( i put them all together) she noticed it, and I got the "Look"

My Point is, You younger cats, Marry a woman who likes to build warmoth guitars, and i want her sisters phone number.

John

Alfang said:
Jack,  Are you kidding me?  I been Married 19 years, almost 20, she's got a great job etc....It dont matter, she's a woman,(And I love My wife) and they are all the same, When a guy has a hobby or passion about something, the woman will always give you that " You Know Better look"

Like the time I suddenly had 4 new warmoth guitars( i put them all together) she noticed it, and I got the "Look"

My Point is, You younger cats, Marry a woman who likes to build warmoth guitars, and i want her sisters phone number.

John

Yep!...........He's married,...... and thats the game :tard:.........and if he gets her sisters number, I want her other sisters number!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7:

Back