Rear route thicknees

I can't tell you the exact thickness, but I can say that you need the long shaft pots.  I hope that helps.

Definatly get the long shaft pots.  And, if you are mounting a pickup selector be prepared to have to do some sanding/grinding so that the threads protrude far enough to catch the nut.  I just recently founs that out the hard way while drilling holes for my pots and switch.

Had a similar problem with a rear routed strat.
The regular cts pots are til short, but bourns pots seem to have a longer threading that worked great for me.

The thickness on my finished LPS Flattop was about 3/16". That was fine for the pots but required back boring to make the toggle switch fit. There is a very short threaded collar on the switch.

BobR55 said:
The thickness on my finished LPS Flattop was about 3/16". That was fine for the pots but required back boring to make the toggle switch fit. There is a very short threaded collar on the switch.

Sounds about right.  My WGD is flame maple on maple with an accent stripe, and when it came, the area that you would put a selector switch was routed down to the black accent stripe laminate.  I acutally mounted my mini switches there...... and if I remember, I routed out some wood to make regular short shank pots work.  I think I routed down to the back of my lam top to get a thickness of about 1/8" or so.

I don't think there's enough material to do your own recessed control routs, if that's why you were asking.

You can see from the back of this VIP that the rear rout compensates for the recessed control routs on the front.

vipp148A.jpg
vipp148B.jpg

Back