R.I.P. Jon Lord

very sad.. first Ronnie, now Jon... who's next? hopefully not Tony Iommi :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjKhqQofbI

I LOVED the rockin' organ he used to play while pushing it back and forth away from himself and then back. Let's Go Space Truckin! Come on!

Yep another sad day  :sad: ... was a real pioneer in the music industry.

Deep Purple were a very big part of my childhood years. 
Glad I got to see them live a number of time.  :party07:
One time was front row seats (ended up standing of cause) and right in the centre .... WOW  :headbang:

Now I'm feeling ..... 'Lazy'

RIP ... JL

Very sad to hear. I'm a Purple fan and I had the pleasure of seeing them live in the Steve Morse era. RIP, Jon.

JCizzle said:
Very sad to hear. I'm a Purple fan and I had the pleasure of seeing them live in the Steve Morse era. RIP, Jon.

I went to see them in the mid 90s, when they came on stage, I was both very disappointed that suddenly Richie Blackmore wasn't on stage, but at the same time, very excited to see Joe Satriani instead!!!

this was pre-interwebs days, so I had no idea that Blackmore left halfway the tour!!

came across this:

"Most of the time he used a Hammond with NO LESLIE. He played a B3 thru a MARSHALL guitar amp. Used the various chorusing and other settings on the hammond for the vibrato effect instead of a tone cab."

Sounded great, whatever he was doing. One of the few bands from my youth whose keyboards I actually enjoyed. There's a brief glimpse of Lord doing the lead organ solo in Highway Star. This was back 40 years ago, when they were all still in their 20s being one of the most badass garage band instigators extant. If you couldn't do some Deep Purple, Sabbath, and Zep, you were required by law to sell or smash your guitar and anything associated with it.

Eric Banjitar said:
I LOVED the rockin' organ he used to play while pushing it back and forth away from himself and then back. Let's Go Space Truckin! Come on!

I think my wife read me that excerpt from 50 Shades of something or other.

I listened to Machine Head yesterday.  :headbang1: Pictures of Home rocks!!! :headbang1:

If you can tell a guitarist by a riff, there's only one name for the opening of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o4-9toOBEI&feature=related
while i first heard it on Made in Japan the audio sounds better here . Thank YOU JOHN.

Back