Tobacco Sunburst

Neck was from USACG
2-piece Indian Rosewood
25.5" scale
7.25" to 9.5" compound radius
6230 stainless steel frets
Graphtech TusQ XL nut
Schaller M6 Mini locking tuners

Started off life with GFS Mean90 pickups and a Warmoth vintage strat hardtail, but these eventually got swapped for a set of Dimarzio 36th Anniversay PAFs and a Hipshot hardtail bridge
Electronics also eventually got overhauled with Bareknuckle pots and Jensen caps

Nice guitar, but honestly, a good storyteller can make a trip to the grocery store an epic novel. really nice shots man.

That's a handsome axe, indeed.  I have that same bridge on my own green tele - I'm very happy with its appearance and its feel.  Nice job.

greywolf said:
gorgeous , although with 2 humbuckers I'd not really class it as a Tele

It's pretty close to the original 72 though! Humbuckers instead of the Fender wide-range pickups, but close enough for me without spending a bomb on the original CuNiFe pickups ;)

I mainly use it for more mellow ambient styles, cleans are great on the Dimarzio pickups  :icon_thumright:

nice quilt...

perfect choices all around...btw, i love the 36th anni pickups...i have one in the bridge of my strat right now...

i am building a HH tele with almost the same specs...i had the body drilled for the american flat mount bridge...will the hipshot bridge work with those mounting holes?

i was curious about the comment about about it not being a "tele"...it kind of got me thinking...there is the tele-paul that seymour duncan made for jeff beck...i guess this guitar falls in the same category...

my guitar is a tele body, two humbucker with a strat headstock...for the life of me, i can't think of a "hybrid" name that works...paul telestrat sounds like a person...lol

Lovely axe! If you don't mind, what version hipshot bridge is that, and what Warmoth route did it fit into? Any problems there?

tfarny said:
Lovely axe! If you don't mind, what version hipshot bridge is that, and what Warmoth route did it fit into? Any problems there?

If you study the string spread over the bridge humbucker, the Hipshot bridge probably has a string spacing of 2-1/8" instead of 2-1/16".  This will work fine.  These bridges are good solid stainless steel ones which will not corrode even with the Allen worm screws.

Mero, nice work.

tfarny said:

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=329

This is the bridge I have, the route was originally for a Warmoth vintage hardtail

Minor gripe is that the baseplate is thinner than the Warmoth bridge, so the saddles are sitting pretty high up, near the end of the adjustment screws

Unwound G: good guess from the bridge humbucker, but I've got a f-spaced one in there so the string spread is wider ;)

mero said:
tfarny said:

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=329

This is the bridge I have, the route was originally for a Warmoth vintage hardtail

Minor gripe is that the baseplate is thinner than the Warmoth bridge, so the saddles are sitting pretty high up, near the end of the adjustment screws

Unwound G: good guess from the bridge humbucker, but I've got a f-spaced one in there so the string spread is wider ;)

Thanks! So, it bolted straight on and the string through holes are in the right spot, no problems? I know they have a thinner and thicker baseplate version, but W seems to hate hipshot and won't provide info about how the two companies' parts fit together.

tfarny said:
Thanks! So, it bolted straight on and the string through holes are in the right spot, no problems? I know they have a thinner and thicker baseplate version, but W seems to hate hipshot and won't provide info about how the two companies' parts fit together.

Yup no problems. Not too sure, but I think the version with 2 baseplate thicknesses uses a different route and string spacing, probably same as the modern hardtail.

Back