Quilt Blue Strat...oh yeah

DocNrock

Master Member
Here's my last project, still under construction:

quiltmock2.jpg

quiltmock1.jpg

I have some detailing work to do, like sealing the routes and blackening/padding the trem route.  It should be done in a week, I hope.

Your "Last " or your "Latest" project . . . ?

and I'm blown on that blue, I think I just had a Blugasm ! and the neck ? WOW

And remember I labeled you a "Hoarder"

disregard the fact I own 10 axes

Very sweet Doc, that quilt is awesome, and the neck is just crazy figure in it... :icon_thumright:

Def. needs some black in the floyd recess tho...

DangerousR6 said:
Def. needs some black in the floyd recess tho...

You know me way too well.  It will be sealed, then blackened.  Then I'll put a little pad down there.  :laughing7:

Blue313 said:
You're killing me....that's going to be such a sweet axe!

Those Dimarzio's?

Thanks Dan.  Yeah, it is a Tone Zone in the bridge and a PAF 36th Anniversary in the neck. 

And thanks Brian, and STDC.

Krieg, it will be my last project for quite some time...I think.  :icon_biggrin:

Nope Fernando, I was going to go straight quartersawn, but the only one in the showcase was a conversion neck, and then I saw this one in the showcase...the flame figuring almost has a quilt character to it.  It was a perfect fit.

DocNrock said:
Nope Fernando, I was going to go straight quartersawn, but the only one in the showcase was a conversion neck, and then I saw this one in the showcase...the flame figuring almost has a quilt character to it.  It was a perfect fit.
:glasses9:
Hate to say I told you so!

NonsenseTele said:
DocNrock said:
:glasses9:
Hate to say I told you so!

:icon_thumright:

And Max, I'll be happy to let you know how it sounds!

That fretboard is amazing, I've got a neck that looks like that on the backside, with a rosewood fretboard, I smile a bit everytime i look at it,
I hope you do the same.

As for the body, Many people say that quilted maple is too busy or too much, whatever, I disagree

And blue guitars....theres not enough of them, Now you mix the two and that's a recipe for awesomeness in my book.

I'd like to see Tonar do a blue quilted guitar someday.

Show us some pics when completed

Alfang said:
That fretboard is amazing, I've got a neck that looks like that on the backside, with a rosewood fretboard, I smile a bit everytime i look at it,
I hope you do the same.

As for the body, Many people say that quilted maple is too busy or too much, whatever, I disagree

And blue guitars....theres not enough of them, Now you mix the two and that's a recipe for awesomeness in my book.

I'd like to see Tonar do a blue quilted guitar someday.

Show us some pics when completed

Thanks, man.  I feel the same way.  :icon_thumright:

Back