Question on Dinky J pickguards

rubendlr

Why is there not e a P-bass neck pickup option on your Dinky J pickguard?  This is a Warmoth only body, and they are the only ones who make a pickguard to fit.  So the option is offered on the body builder, it's not on the pickguard.  Why?  This makes no sense,  I really want to order this config, but this means I have to order a blank pickguard and have someone cut a P pickup route.  Really?  Seems like a pretty obvious oversight on Warmoth's part.

It is probably more likely an oversight in the website options for the pickguard as otherwise, it would not make sense.

I would suggest contacting Warmoth sales either by email or phone to ask them how to order the pickguard with the needed option. The option perhaps also needs adding to the pickguard options for the J Dinky as it does exist as you say for the body-builder.

I may be speaking out of school here, not having tried to order such a thing, but I do know that they're "parts suppliers". As such, they don't correct things. You can order stuff however you want it, since they have no idea what you're going to do with it.

I suspect if you were to call and order things that way, the sales person may mention something out of curiosity. But, if an order comes in via the website for a Jazzmaster body and a Strat pickguard, is that wrong? What if you ordered shortbread, vanilla ice cream, strawberries and horse radish sauce from the grocery? Would you expect a call or something?  :icon_biggrin:

My guess is the P-Bass route would be too close to the edge of the slightly smaller Dinky-J pickguard.

drewfx said:
My guess is the P-Bass route would be too close to the edge of the slightly smaller Dinky-J pickguard.

I think it is more likely an option error for the pickguard. It is offered in the body-builder for a front rout Dinky J. So it would seem it should be an option also for a pickguard.

Or it's an error in the builder. I know when I looked at a standard J-Bass pickguard with a P-Bass route in the pickguard builder the lower corner of the PU is practically on the bevel in their not necessarily perfect rendering and the dinky-J pickguard loses some pickguard in that exact spot.

How about calling the W.
Also about editing your post as you used them ‘your’. 
You do realize this is an unofficial site and 99% of the people here don’t work for or are affiliated with the W.

drewfx said:
Or it's an error in the builder. I know when I looked at a standard J-Bass pickguard with a P-Bass route in the pickguard builder the lower corner of the PU is practically on the bevel in their not necessarily perfect rendering and the dinky-J pickguard loses some pickguard in that exact spot.

That, of course, would be the other possibility though I would be more surprised if something offered in a body option has not been checked and checked again. Either way on or the other needs rectifying.

Back