Question about bolt ons

Skyforger

So I am buying my first warmoth neck and I was wondering if there are any issues that I might run into with switching necks on guitars.  Since I can only afford to buy the neck that I want, I was planning on putting onto a cheaper body until I get the intended body a few months later.  Will I run into any issues switching necks like this?

Warmoth's machining tolerances are pretty tight, considering that all parts are made by CNC. There can be some variations, with raw versus finished necks, because of the thickness of the finish, but other than that, everything is made to the same specs.

Or are you talking about putting another company's neck on a Warmoth body, and then getting a Warmoth neck?

I am buying a warmoth neck, but I want to start playing on it right away so I want to put it on a cheap squire body or something like that until i actually buy my warmoth body in a few months

Skyforger said:
I am buying a warmoth neck, but I want to start playing on it right away so I want to put it on a cheap squire body or something like that until i actually buy my warmoth body in a few months

People do that all the time.

With bolt ons, generally saline is better than silicon, and under the muscle is more "organic" than over the muscle. :icon_jokercolor:

Skyforger said:
That works great!
If you don't have the body yet, you should read 'Will it Fit My Guitar?' at the real W site.
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/faq2.aspx

Good luck with your project.

Are ya gonna go naked?

line6man said:
Warmoth's machining tolerances are pretty tight, considering that all parts are made by CNC. There can be some variations, with raw versus finished necks, because of the thickness of the finish, but other than that, everything is made to the same specs.

I agree about tolerances being pretty tight. I've seen Fenders with ridiculous neck pocket gaps, even newer models. I've had 2 laquered Warmoth necks on my Warmoth Swamp Ash body which were perfect, and even my new raw Wenge/Ebony neck is an excellent fit, and puts the majority of Fenders to shame.

Back