Quartersawn Walnut/Ebony Neck-Korina Body JM

mickcoop91

It was certainly felt like the longest time waiting for this to arrive but it came yesterday in the mail! :headbanging:

Not sure about the cream pickup ring or LP style rhythm/treble pickup ring on the switch, might make the whole thing a little loud. All and all I'm absolutely stoked and can't wait for it to be all together. I ordered a standard walnut neck and was expecting it to be a much more matte chocolate colour, they have done a stunning job on this, I can't believe the figuring in it.

The tele rout in the neck is to tight and doesn't fit the pickup, is it just as simple of sanding out the pocket until it fits? any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Let me know what you think regarding the color schemes and design (pretty much all the remaining hardware is black), someone on reddit suggested a white or cream pick guard?

Attachments

• body.jpg
    body.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 304
  • neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 262
  • body 2.jpg
    body 2.jpg
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 216
  • neck 2.jpg
    neck 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 193
Is that single coil you want to put in the neck a Tele or Strat-sized pickup? 
I, for one, can admit that I didn't realize they weren't the same size until I had a pickup that didn't fit in a guitar.  :sad1:

If it is a Tele-sized pickup, a little sanding should to do the trick.
If it's a Strat-sized pickup, it might be more involved...
Either way, it's all hidden under a pickguard anyway, so there's nothing to mess up...Good luck getting the fit!

Zebra said:
Is that single coil you want to put in the neck a Tele or Strat-sized pickup? 
I, for one, can admit that I didn't realize they weren't the same size until I had a pickup that didn't fit in a guitar.  :sad1:

If it is a Tele-sized pickup, a little sanding should to do the trick.
If it's a Strat-sized pickup, it might be more involved...
Either way, it's all hidden under a pickguard anyway, so there's nothing to mess up...Good luck getting the fit!

I ordered a Tele rout. You can see that it’s just the few layers of paint around the cavity that’s stopping it from slotting in. I figured I can’t hurt to much by sanding it out. Thanks for the re-assurance.

I love it! What a cool neck, and that body is killer too. I personally think it would look perfect as is without  the cream pickup ring and poker chip. Either way, that is one fantastic looking guitar!

Also I'd like to acknowledge the danger you went to for that first pic  :laughing11:  Would be a shame to have a beautiful instrument like that go unplayed while you recovered from a broken arm after a terrible photo session stool accident!

JaySwear2 said:
I love it! What a cool neck, and that body is killer too. I personally think it would look perfect as is without  the cream pickup ring and poker chip. Either way, that is one fantastic looking guitar!

Also I'd like to acknowledge the danger you went to for that first pic  :laughing11:  Would be a shame to have a beautiful instrument like that go unplayed while you recovered from a broken arm after a terrible photo session stool accident!

Yes my step ladder is very OH&S compliant! Yeah its definitely cooler without the cream. The cream on the pickup selector switch and knobs is just tasteful enough. I ordered a chrome open pickup cover for the HB so it will match the neck pickup. It's expected delivery date is the 21st of March so I will finish this and then put it on at the next string change.

Attachments

• less cream.PNG
    less cream.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • cover.PNG
    cover.PNG
    322.8 KB · Views: 139
The walnut/ebony neck is very cool.. Nice choice!

Have you owned any similar style of guitar in the past, or otherwise what inspired you to build this?

Looks like Warmoth liked your neck so much the made another one! https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?deals=true&Body=1&sort=price&i=SN29109#.YAhFQtZFyUk

Seriously love this guitar, good work

Back