Put some fretless necks on the showcase...

line6man

Epic Member
At the moment, there is not a single unlined fretless neck in the showcase... :sad:
I have my 2 Jazz basses, so i am totally happy, but it's a bit disappointing to think that there is not one neck on the showcase that is of interest to me for future builds. I would have to custom order no matter what. :sad:

Warmoth, why is there no love for fretless players on the showcase?
I could understand that fretless necks may not be as desirable as fretted ones, but come on... not one neck?

Am i alone in thinking this?

It's probably an issue of supply and demand. The demand just isn't out there for these types of necks and at the end of the day Warmoth is out there to make money, one of the reasons for all the maple necks in the showcase.

UTSC said:
It's probably an issue of supply and demand. The demand just isn't out there for these types of necks and at the end of the day Warmoth is out there to make money, one of the reasons for all the maple necks in the showcase.

That's what i figured.
I don't know squat about sales and all that, but i guess that traditional Maple/Rosewood and Maple/Maple necks would be most appealing to someone who is looking for a showcase neck. Some people are looking for replacements for their Fender's, so they want the specs to be similar.
Anyone who is looking to do a custom build, or do exotic woods and such would probably be more inclined to custom order.

But come on... at any given time, give us one neck!
There used to be about 5 not too long ago.

:icon_biggrin: I just checked the showcase, and there are 8 necks up now!
Very cool.

Glad to hear it. If you pick out something, don''t forget the obligatory pics.  :eek:ccasion14:

Mark said:
Glad to hear it. If you pick out something, don''t forget the obligatory pics.  :eek:ccasion14:

Meh, I already have 2 fretless necks (One lined BE Maple/Goncalo Alves showcase neck, and one unlined Padouk/Pau Ferro custom order) so i am pretty much set. I was just curious about this.

But if you want cool pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrkdesimone/sets/72157615913275051/
:icon_biggrin:

If you had no intention to buy why did you ask about it?
Now they put 2 awesome Rosewood necks fretless... :sad:

NonsenseTele said:
If you had no intention to buy why did you ask about it?

Because i like keeping my options open. It is nice to know that there is something available if i want to build another bass.
And besides, you don't like looking at nice things on the showcase just for kicks?

line6man said:
And besides, you don't like looking at nice things on the showcase just for kicks?
Not really, it makes my finger at the mouse get excited and that's not good, my pocket don't run in the same speed of my wished :sad:

Back