Precision SG Non Warmoth build

Kuro Uma

I thought I'd share this with you guys even though it's not a Warmoth. I already finished this one for our singer/guitarist so I don't have many pics from the build. It's a SG kit from the Precision guys. Nice fit all around. Still have all the love in the world for the W but this guy wanted an SG. He gave me free reign to do whatever I wanted with it.

Here is the initial kit:
rVNgOl.jpg

I decided I'd use some of the flamed maple I had sitting around and carve a skull out for it and embed into the guitar. Why not right?
So I sketched it up:
gJhXKm.jpg

Cut it out:
VghoCc.jpg

Broke out the dremel, exacto and tiny chisels:
u66wxC.jpg

Decided some ink would set it off nicely:
lAZQVT.jpg

This is without any sealer. Just the maple and ink.

routed a spot for it go in the body:
7MfCg8.jpg

Made a carved ribbon banner type inlay for the headstock:
7PsE5M.jpg

Then I kinda stopped taking pics....
After it was done this is what we wound up with however.
lcklmt.jpg

wDwiOj.jpg

y5YQnb.jpg

C4qDKs.jpg

BKP Warpigs:
OywzOp.jpg

QhfrTX.jpg

JnOwFl.jpg

I dyed the whole thing black, very little grain filling as he showed me one SG he loves the feel of was just like this. His guitar not mine so there you have it.
Semi-gloss clear poly finish over that.

A friend of the band took some shots at one of our shows, He loves this guitar and he loves skulls.
T4QBEz.jpg

WRglCU.jpg

I know it's not everyone's cup o tea but thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

I plan to get a Warmoth blank body and carve a Nightmare before Christmas themed guitar for her to hang on the wall sometime soon.

I am once again rendered speechless by your artistry, Kuro...That is truly stunning.

Kuro, did you build that rosette surrounding the skull yourself, or did you purchase it off-the-shelf?  Either way, nice choice, there.

Bagman

Nice.  Very sinister looking.
I have several Precision pieces.  Phil does a nice job.

That is an amazingly looking and very cool guitar!  Rock on ! :headbang:

Bagman67 said:
Kuro, did you build that rosette surrounding the skull yourself, or did you purchase it off-the-shelf?  Either way, nice choice, there.

Bagman

No sir, I bought the rosette as is.

Thank you for the kind words guys.

That looks great....of course no matter how awesome something is, some idiot always has to chime in on how it could be better....I am that idiot. Can I just say red LED lights for the eyes would have been insane!!!!! Truly awesome build

Love to enter new to a forum and see things like this. That is about the coolest SG i've seen. Ever.
Is it just me, or is there some funny measure goin on, as in shorter-than-usual distance between pickups? Is it a modded jr?

Sweet t-shirt too. Gotta love Ghost.

Cheers

ocguy106 said:
That looks great....of course no matter how awesome something is, some idiot always has to chime in on how it could be better....I am that idiot. Can I just say red LED lights for the eyes would have been insane!!!!! Truly awesome build

Thanks, I honestly had the same thought run through my head. But since it was going to be his guitar and not mine I didn't want to make that call.

Vallhagen said:
Love to enter new to a forum and see things like this. That is about the coolest SG i've seen. Ever.
Is it just me, or is there some funny measure goin on, as in shorter-than-usual distance between pickups? Is it a modded jr?

Sweet t-shirt too. Gotta love Ghost.

Cheers

Thank you, It is a modded JR. the precision sit doesn't seem to have the standard SG. If I had to do it again I think I'd order it without the neck pickup route and just cut that myself in the normal spot.

It sounds killer through his Orange Rockerverb.

Back