Poll: which color-combination, which switching system

Orpheo

Hi,

on my new project, I can choose creme or black triple shot rings; which ones do you like more?

I also would like to know would like to know which switching system you would prefer if it were YOUR guitar.

I have 3 humbuckers, and thus I can have 2 possibitlibies:

1; 7 way rotary, on the location of the regular toggle.

2: the regular 3 way toggle for bridge and neck, with a second one, located where PRS has its toggle, for the middle pickup (down: only the output from the regular toggle, middle: output regular+mid, up: only middle).

which one would you guys prefer?

I'd probably go with creme/white rings, I think black on black looks a bit cheap. Not sure about switching; I would consider using a 5-way wired like a strat possibly with a mini toggle to add one pickup to any 5-way setting, or something like that.

kboman said:
I'd probably go with creme/white rings, I think black on black looks a bit cheap. Not sure about switching; I would consider using a 5-way wired like a strat possibly with a mini toggle to add one pickup to any 5-way setting, or something like that.

well, thanks for posting, I just realised this:  already have something in mind for the 5 way slot on my les paul. there's going to be 2 slider switches for left coil/series/parallel/right coil. so it would be a 5 way rotary+toggle, and I already have 7 way rotary (was too cheap to let it pass by, if I don't need it at all, no big loss).

so, its really a 7 way rotary or the 2 3way toggles.

Orpheo said:
NonsenseTele said:
N°1 looks better to me

and what about the switches?:)

I'm not sure if I understood the options, but get rid of this strat switch on LP man :laughing7:
Think would be easier with the 3 way to B/N pickups on the normal place on LP and the other "LP switch" on the mock up to add the middle pickup... Where are you thinking in this 7 way rotary?

NonsenseTele said:
Orpheo said:
NonsenseTele said:
N°1 looks better to me

and what about the switches?:)

I'm not sure if I understood the options, but get rid of this strat switch on LP man :laughing7:
Think would be easier with the 3 way to B/N pickups on the normal place on LP and the other "LP switch" on the mock up to add the middle pickup... Where are you thinking in this 7 way rotary?

the rotary would've come where the regular 3 way is.

the strat switch is just a mockup. there, I'll put 2 slider switches, very 'stealthy' though ;)

@godrex: why the rotary?

Creme/white rings look better with the block inlays.

Not Sure what I would do with the switches. How about six 2PDT or 3PDT mini toggles (on/off/on), one for each pup. Pup on normal/pup off/pup on out of phase or single coil or something like that. Group them in pairs of two for each location. I don't like rotatory switches on a guitar. Can't really tell what setting it's on when taking a quick glance down while playing. My PRS had a 5-way rotary switch and I replaced it with a simple toggle when I replaced the pups.

Death by Uberschall said:
Creme/white rings look better with the block inlays.

Not Sure what I would do with the switches. How about six 2PDT or 3PDT mini toggles (on/off/on), one for each pup. Pup on normal/pup off/pup on out of phase or single coil or something like that. Group them in pairs of two for each location. I don't like rotatory switches on a guitar. Can't really tell what setting it's on when taking a quick glance down while playing. My PRS had a 5-way rotary switch and I replaced it with a simple toggle when I replaced the pups.

no, I dont want it to be that way :p I'll have the wiring as I descibed it a couple of weeks ago :p in total, 820 tone options.

Oh boy. I would go with the two toggles, personally, because while I don't mind complicated switching options, i HATE complicated switches. A rotary with 7 options would confuse me, I want to look down at my switch and know instantly what I position I am in.

And as for pup rings, I am not so sure. I don't very much like the gold floyd with the black OR creme rings, sorry! But I think I prefer black.

GoDrex said:
Orpheo said:
GoDrex said:
because I would like as few obvious switches as possible.

eventhough switching with a 7 way is not as simple as with 2 toggles?

remind me not to reply to your topics any more :laughing7:

820 tone options.

no, dont get me wrong; its just interesting, I want to understand your opinion :p

and no, 820 is easy to understand :) not really that hard. just remembering which tones correspond with which setting, which is easy too :)

I hope your head explodes. :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
Orpheo said:
I'll put 2 slider switches

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give me 1 GOOD reason. if later on I want a blade switch, I can have that without modifications. its easy to install, no other woodworks required. and they're low profile, not so bulky as 2 toggles.

You mean slider switches like the Jaguar??

Reason: It's uglier than beat on the own mother :icon_thumright:

NonsenseTele said:
You mean slider switches like the Jaguar??

Reason: It's uglier than beat on the own mother :icon_thumright:

no, not so blunt and mondane. its more like this:

90c76e15.jpg

you can hardly see it dude. its so small.

Back